1. ForsytheTragedy

ForsytheTragedy New Member

Hello All. Glad to meet you!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ForsytheTragedy, Aug 25, 2007.

Hi everyone. My name's Mike (or Michael, whichever you prefer). I am not a professional writer by any means, but I very much aspire to become one. Unfortunately, I'm a realist and have based my schooling on that personality trait -- I'm studying Networking. That's not going to stop me from pursuing my passion on the side, however.

Anyway, I'm glad to meet all of you, and I hope that I get the honest feedback that I'm looking for here. Thanks!

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Mike, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Welcome to the forums, Mike. Cogito seems to have covered the important stuff, so I'll just say that I hope you enjoy your time here, and find it useful to your writing. If you need any help with anything at all, please feel free to ask. I'm always happy to offer a hand.

4. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome! I hope you liek it here. Keep up with us and we'll keep you happy :)

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hey Mike great to have you hear aye.
    You should check out the contests in the weekly challenges. I run them so ya need any help let me know.
    Well I hope you have a great time here and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Tor

6. shadow tiger x

shadow tiger x New Member

The Australian funny farm. More than 5 minutes fro
    Hey there welcome to wf hope you have fum here with us

7. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Once again absent for the wknd and voilĂ  an influx of new talented members - I hope all is to your liking. If you have any questions, let us have them, and we'll see what we can do - I see you've been active already, good for you but for now, see you around the site!

8. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

happy belated welcome

9. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hey there! Another belated welcome but here it goes anyways...

Welcome to the forums! Hope you settle in ok and that you find what you're looking for here, if you have any questions or anything just PM me and i'd be happy to help. Look forward to seeing you around.