1. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Write, Write, Write

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ThistleMae, Oct 15, 2016.

Hello to all my new friends. I can't tell you how excited I am to have found you. Sitting in front of my computer, day after day, thinking of clever things for my characters to say is so challenging. I write, and rewrite and rewrite again. Then there are the rejection emails. Is my writing good enough? Could I do a better job? The one thing I know for sure, is the more I write, the better I get. It's just really nice to find folks to share my struggles with. Getting good enough to be published, in a market that is flooded with writers, sometimes seems insurmountable. But I am sticking with it! I'm happy to be here. I'm willing to share my thoughts and give thoughtful critiques. We can only get better!

bonijean2 likes this.
  2. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor

I'm too much of a newbie myself to be welcoming another newbie, but I believe in reciprocation!
    I read what you said in another thread, that you don't know anyone who writes. Welcome to the same boat! :ghost:
    That's exactly where I am too!
    My friends are all avid readers but the moment I start blabbering about writing techniques that's the moment I'm boring them to death. I know better than to do that nowadays, but I was younger and eager.
    You are right, the more you practise the better you become. Many times I've seen that in my work and it has kept me going when I feel discouraged. Not many people realise how much work is put into a piece of writing.
    Best wishes to you! :)

3. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

Hello, and welcome to the forum. One of the mods will be along shortly with the guidelines and FAQ's :)

I too love writing, just a shame i currently dont have much time for it with University.

4. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Thank you. I'm already feeling much better having folks around who understand the love and the challenges of writing. I totally get what you said about talking to people who don't write. Dead end conversations. Like you, I just don't do it. But this forum is great. I'm loving the company. I'll explore a little more this morning, and then on to my rewrites! Have a great day.

5. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum! :) Sounds like you'll fit right in. I hope we'll be able to help you on your writing journey. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. See you around!

-Kat