1. Lux C.

Lux C. New Member

Hey! I hope to see find support here.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lux C., Jun 15, 2015.

Hey, members of the writingforums.org. I am Lux C., an aspiring American writer. I like to consider myself an amateur playwright, novelist and journalist. By joining this forum, which will be the first of many, I want to promote my writing and my name while receiving feedback to invest towards general improvement whether it is my rhetoric, usage of writing techniques or just conceptual reform; whatever!

To be honest, I have very few in my life that I can share my writings with. What I hope the most is to make some good friends here that would like to exchange user information on a messenger software or something similar for easy idea exchange / critiques.

A little about myself: I am 21 years old of Bahamian & German descent. I am a military brat, having been born in Germany and growing up in Florida. I now reside in Florida where I am preparing to return to the Fall semester at a community college. Beyond writing, I like to play football, work out, jog and make music.

As for favorite genres to write about, I generally prefer a world incorporated with fantasy elements, the degree of fantasy varying from minimal to major. I prefer omniscient or limited third-person narrators mostly. I am also open to collaborations and am generally welcoming any to send me a message or a friend request. I'd really like to get back into writing more often and I think joining this forum will prove to be a productive choice in accomplishing that!

Thanks for reading. Again, feel free to drop a reply, a message, or a friend request. I could use the writing companions.

2. No-Name Slob

No-Name Slob Contributing Member Supporter Contributor

Welcome!

3. EmptySoul

EmptySoul Active Member

Hi, welcome, and other social statements.

As far as not having too many people to share your work with, that is a common problem. Fortunately, our members offer an excellent solution to that.

Welcome again.

4. Lux C.

Lux C. New Member

Thanks No-Name and Empty. I will likely be sharing some snippets soon of my writings and hopefully muster the motivation to start a short story. I've already browsed the forum and I like how active it is. There also seem to always be interesting conversations going on. Looks good!

5. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Contributing Member

Hi,

Welcome to hell. ;)

Look forward to reading your work.

6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you'll fit right in! We've got plenty of writers here interested in the fantasy genre, so I don't think finding company will be difficult. ;)

In case you haven't yet checked it out, here's our New Member Guide to get you properly started. Explore, participate, and have fun!

-Kat

7. Lux C.

Lux C. New Member

Thank you Mad Regent. I appreciate the welcome.

Thanks Kat. I appreciate the welcome as well and I'll be checking out that link.