1. kjetterman

kjetterman New Member

Hello! It's great to be here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kjetterman, Apr 30, 2008.

My name is Kellie. I'm a stay at home mom and a full time college student. I have always enjoyed writing. I am currently writing a short story of the mystery/suspense/horror genre. It will be an honor to learn from everyone here as well as give feedback!

I look forward to being an active part of this writing community! :)

2. FoxyMomma

FoxyMomma New Member

Welcome Kellie. I'm a SAHM and a college student also. How many kids do you have? I have 2 boys.

3. kjetterman

kjetterman New Member

I have 2 (soon to be 3). My first, is a boy and he's 3 1/2. My second is a little girl and she's 16 months. The third baby is due on July 7th but i'm hoping to schedule my c-section for the end of June! :)

4. FoxyMomma

FoxyMomma New Member

Congrats on the new one! I hope you like it here. This is a great place to write and learn a lot.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Kellie, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

6. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Welcome

7. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hey Kellie :) Welcome to WF.org.

8. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

welcome to the party, kellie!... if you don't mind indulging my curiosity, i'm perplexed about:

how can you be both?... are you full time at an online uni, or what?... how does it work out for you and what are you majoring in?...

as for kids, you sound like you're almost on the track i was, decades ago, having 5 in less than 5 years... yours are more spread out, but not by much... best of luck to you and feel free to drop me a line anytime you need a friendly shoulder or ear...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

9. kjetterman

kjetterman New Member

I attend college full time online. I'm working toward my Bachelor's degree in web development. The good thing is, I am able to actually go to school full time without worrying about neglecting the kids. Nap times are great study times for me! When the kids go to bed at night, I use that time to hand in my homework and participate in class. My hubby and I have a Thursday night date night set aside. We basically snuggle on the couch watch our favorite shows. It's a definite balancing act! I do wonder how three kids will change the dynamic. Thankfully, in mid-June I am done until the fall. The break will be nice.

Thank you for the warm welcome!! :)