1. ThanosOfTitan

ThanosOfTitan New Member

Hello, I'm in need of a doctor.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ThanosOfTitan, Oct 3, 2013.

A writing doctor that is. ;)

I'm a role player and I play in a few games online, but I feel my janky writing is impeding my enjoyment in the process and I'd like to improve.

Would it be alright to post on this site examples of my writing for critique? Is Writing General the place for that? Or would someone recommend another forum?

Any group exercises I could join to strengthen my creative muscles?

Thanks to all for their time in reading this,

- Thanos, of Titan.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome, Thanos. :)

The spot for posting such things in our forum is further on down the page in the Writing Workshop. PLEASE NOTE, we have some requirements before we allow posting in that area.

• 2 weeks of membership with the forum
    • 20 posts anywhere within the forum
    • 2 constructive critiques of items already in the Workshop.

Here are the rest of the Forum Rules, with which you want to familiarize yourself. :)

Wrey

3. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Welcome! :)

4. ThanosOfTitan

ThanosOfTitan New Member

Dearest Wreybies,

Thank you for posting the site guidelines. I have read them and will endeavor to follow them to the 't'. I may not have the strongest skill set when it comes to writing, but I will do my best in regards to my constructive critiques. The days are growing hot here on Titan, and I fear the two week wait for rescue will be hard to tough out. Nevertheless, I will steel myself for the harsh days to come. I have already begun rationing my supplies and have made a make-shift bed from the forgotten posts that litter the ground. They are cold and lifeless, but they help me retain my sanity. I will survive where they have not.

Yours truly,

- Thanos, of Titan.

Dearest JJ_Maxx,

Thanks! :D

- Thanos, of Titan.

5. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

LOL! I think you'll do just fine here, and if you need extra supplies, there might be some lying around somewhere...

Welcome, Thanos. :D

6. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Hi, welcome to the group Thanos -
    like that word janky adding it to my list of fun words!

7. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

What Peach said. I like "janky" too!

8. ThanosOfTitan

ThanosOfTitan New Member

Dear friends,

We may not have known each other for very long, but your continued support of my predicament encourages me to stay alive. I have constructed a crude hut from the abandoned posts that I mentioned earlier. Their chilled nature, while uncomfortably cold against a bare touch, provides relief from the hot suns of Titan.

Trish, it has already been so long from when I was first marooned that I have since learned to hunt. I provide myself nourishment from statistics problems, completed with a quick and merciless answer. It is a sadists hunt, but the nourishment is like ecstasy to me.

Peachalulu, if I am to die before rescue I would prefer my janky legacy continues on. Pass it on to each of your written children, and keep my spirit alive.

Minstrel.. dear Minstrel... Your squirrelish ways always keep me comfort during these trying times. Go on then, friend, and hoard my words as you would a bounty of nuts. May it get you through the coming winter, the likes of which I only dream about when, as I sleep, my skin touches the chilled wood of an abandoned post.

The days of Titan grow hotter and I dream of a cold end,

- Thanos, of Titan.

minstrel likes this.