1. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

Murder

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kincaid, Feb 15, 2007.

If you were to happen upon a wishing well that would grant you one wish (anything your heart desires) but in exchange for your wish you would have to sacrifice someone by throwing them down the well...would you or would you not do it?

If you chose to do it, who would you sacrifice? What would you wish for?

2. Myst

Myst Active Member

I would throw myself down the well.

But my wish would be to fly.

3. Frost

Frost Active Member

Id throw myself down the well too.

And wish for world peace!

4. E-bow

E-bow Banned

Nothing. If you desired something so greatly that you would sacrifice a person for it, then you would only end up regretting it, for that one wish would never be enough. And as soon as you realise this you'd regret your sacrifice, plus some wishes infringe on free will i.e. world peace. Yeah thats great and all, but only if its chosen freely by everyone, otherwise you'll have robots walking around.

5. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    Well I would not be able to sacrifice another life for any reason what so ever.

But if someone truely did deserve one wish, I mean the most purest of all humanity needed a wish so badly, I would stand up and let them use me as a sacrifice if it were going to help them out.

After all if I can help just one person out whilst I walk my path in this life I would leave this world the happiest person ever, and see my life as being fulfilled.
    It is one thing I aim to do in my lifetime and that is to help so I would sacrifice myself for someone if they truely deserved to have their wish come true and it was truely going to help them.

Ariella :)

6. Vroom Vroom Daddy

Vroom Vroom Daddy New Member

I think you guys are making this to noble, the rule was throw someone down a well, not someone you love down the well. I can think of some people I'd toss for free. But now we get into a moral gray area, is it better to hand out vigilante justice for the better good. (That guys a murderer and on death row...toss him down the well and wish his victim back to life) Which also brings up how many wishes do you get? One per life? If that was so then can you empty out the prisons and right all the wrongs by wishes?

7. Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast New Member

I'd wish for power.

I'd throw anyone down the well and wish for power. Call me selfish...

8. Vroom Vroom Daddy

The other moral gray area is that I think there are some situations that ANYONE would commit murder. If I had to toss an innocent man down the well to save the life of my child then so be it. And for all you noble "I'd throw myself down the well" that doesn't work. First of all you don't get your wish until you give the sacrifice, but you're dead so you can't wish anything. Second, who do you trust? If I throw myself nobly down the well how do I know the person that is supposed to make the wish is going to wish what I asked? I'll be dead so how will I know they didn't wish for a million dollars instead of world peace?

9. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    I could find the addresses of a few paroled murderers, rapists, and child molesters fairly easily on the net. So if I had a few weeks to plan everything I'd do it in an instant. Heck I'd grab a few of them, and make my last wish a wish that I wasn't caught.
    For a chance at making my entire family healthy, happy and rich, I'd be more than willing to throw away some scumbags who got 'maybe' a few years in jail for some heinous crimes.

10. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

I won't say what my wishes are but I know that I'd gladly sacrifice Tony Blair for them. As a piece of sh*t, he'd be used to being flushed down long, dark passages! :D

Is it just me and my doity poivoited mind or are you trying to come out of the closet? ;) :D :D

11. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

The reason I asked this question is because I’m working on a horror story about the subject. I was a bit curious as to see who would do what to get a wish.

Thanks for the replies.

12. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

Vroom Vroom Daddy, I like both of the responses you made. But the first response made me think of a story I read many years ago called THE MONKEY’S PAW.

An old couple came into the possession of a magical item that would grant them three wishes.

Their First wish was for a large sum of money…and they received that money…from their son’s insurance after we was mangled to death by machinery that he worked with.

Their second wish was that their son would be brought back…he came back…but as the mangled corpse that they had buried.

I guess, as the old saying goes…be careful what you wish for.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

13. Vroom Vroom Daddy

I'm familiar with the story and I think it goes more along the line of the "evil wish" game. Forgive me for being so bold, but I think the question you're looking is something along the line of "what would you sacrifice for ANYTHING?"
    or "what is the ALMOST unbearable price?". And of course, don't forget the fine print. Because you know the devil never does.

14. Piotrek

Piotrek New Member

I have had pressure to do this kind of act before, and time never blocks out any new chances of it this happening again. :p

I wouldn't want too. I really would never want too. The fact that sacrificing someone for what I want is discriminating. Aslong as it is discriminating, I don't want to be involved, so I state a simple "No, thank you".

If it is for a horror, I do no see why you shoudn't. :)

15. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I'm with throwing all the bad guys down the well! And then I'd have areally good lawyer to help write out my wishes so there is no bad things happen to my wishes.... like in the Monkey's Paw. Then I'd throw the lawyer down for good measure! mwhahahahahhaha! but the catch would be getting addicted to the well and continuing to throw people down it... maybe start with the bad guys until you work your way up to the nearest fodder walking by. hmmm... look out little old ladies, I'm wanting to wish for a never ending packet of Tim Tams!!!

16. ariella

ariella New Member

Well for a story basis

I would throw the only one guy down a well as a sacrifice as he has done some pretty wretched things to so many people, like a continous cycle of rape and carving his intiala into their chests so that they can never forget what it was he did to them. I know people in which this person had done this to and seen the devastion he has bestowed onto thier lives, so yeah I wuld willingly throw him down a well.

I would also wish that any person who ever so even thought of committing so a haneuos crime onto anyone, be it male or female young or old suffers an excrusiatingly painful and undignified death and rots enternally in hell.

Ariella

17. Vroom Vroom Daddy

Ok, it seems we've opened a moral pandora's box. I still stick by my thought of tossing evil people down the well but now we have a dilemma of HOW evil they can be...Ariella brought her "line in the sand" but what counts as a henous crime? Murder? Rape? Tax fraud? And does the lawyers get to get involved? Or are they the first to go? (as it should be)

18. ariella

ariella New Member

Yes you have a very good point there Vroom Vroom Daddy....Well how about I just say that any person that thinks of ever comitting any sexual attack onto another person or murders another person and things like that then???

Ariella

19. Vroom Vroom Daddy

Ok, I had a realization that I think everyone (including myself) missed. The title of this is "murder". What we all have assumed is that we will get away with the killing of someone, justified or not. So kincaid, here's a spin, you'll get your wish but now you're going to go to jail for murder. You can't use your wish to get out of it, what would be the point of tossing them down the well in the first place? So what wish are you willing to trade your entire future for? Or, if you're in texas, home of "old sparky", your life for?

20. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

I'd be willing to throw certain criminals now on parole down the well, and only wish to get away with it. Not as satisfying, but I'd do it.

I'd also do it if it would make both my parents, especially my Mom healthy. But I'd make sure in that case that it was some high profile murderer so that the jury would go easy on me. And plea bargain my sentence down to a year or two.

21. Vroom Vroom Daddy

What jury is gonna believe that because you tossed some guy down a well without provocation your mother "magically" got better. Not to mention that a long, drawn out, frontpage filled trial won't do your mother any good.

22. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Actually I wouldn't say anything about the wish. I'd be taking the vigilante justice defence. I'd still go to jail but with a plea bargain, a good lawyer, and enough media attention, I'd probably get five years, ten tops. (Canadian judges hate giving out long sentences) Throw in good behaviour and that would probably take off about half the sentence.

As for my Mom, well removing the constant pain, and exhaustion, she'd be feeling better than she has in years. As long as I don't take out someone who's innocent, she'd be pissed and upset, but she'd survive. She'd also probably believe me if it actually worked. .

23. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

I asked my Mom what she would do if I made that wish, and got caught by police.
    She said as long as it was a murderer she'd be cheering me on from the side lines.
    It's interesting have a very law and order type of parent.

24. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

Well V-Dad, to honestly answer your question: I would be willing to sacrifice my own freedom or life for my son.

My little man IS my life.

If anyone were to seriously hurt…or kill my son…that motherfucker is dead! I’ll send his ass flying head-first down the well with no hesitation. My wish would be for the judge, jury, and everyone else in the world to understand my pain and anger. I would still serve a little time, but it would be worth it.

But on the downside, my actions may start a long chain of murders. Everyone will begin killing the people who wronged them and expect everyone to understand their pain. Women who’ve been raped or abused will seek revenge. The kids who were teased and tormented will seek revenge. And the whole world will become more messed up then it is already.

25. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

I have to go with Kincaid. If someone hurt my niece or nephew, they'd better hope they get thrown in prison until I'm dead.
    I'd send them down the well tied up and alive. Let the bugger drown.