1. ArtisanalDeviant

ArtisanalDeviant New Member

Hey!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ArtisanalDeviant, Jan 27, 2016.

Hey! My name's Thomas,

Ever since I was little i've always had a creative mind. I always made up characters and designed complex back stories, that when I finally put pen to paper a heap of stories got created. They were terrible. I don't really write my own content much anymore. The most I do is original characters for FanFics. However I've had an idea in my head for a while now. I do hope to one day write my own book and get two copies published.
    My real start was back when I was younger I'd write crazy stories that would capture my interest for a few paragraphs. It eventually led to obsessions with certain themes. Now I can write without a character doing one with constantly. Small victories. I wrote a pretty decent short story about three army men surviving a plane crash in the desert. I was almost accused of plagiarism, but it was dismissed when my teacher couldn't find my piece of work anywhere online. I was very proud because that must of meant it was good.
    I have taken inspiration from so many authors it's hard to really pin point who I really admire. However I'll try;
    Derek Landy
    J. K. Rowling
    Goerge R. R. Martin
    Rick Riordan
    Scott Snyder
    Greg Pak

I have such a passion for writing it's nice being passionate about something. I am awful at grammar and usually get my work checked before posting online.

I look forward to seeing you all with the forums.

Fell free to message me even if it is just for a chat. Any queries just post a reply.

Thomas

2. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Hi Thomas,

have fun here :) and stay with writing. The longer you write the better your grammar gets, I can personally promise that ;) Certainly if you write longer stretches and get them regularly checked over by Betas they will point out such flaws and that will stick in your mind.

So, have fun around!
    Cheerio!