1. Chaela

Chaela New Member

hey!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chaela, Jan 30, 2017.

i've been looking for a community where i can share my writing progress, get feedback, and read the works of others and i found this place. my name's Chaela, i'm 18 and i've been in love with writing since i was 14 (and i've always loved to read).
    when i was a younger teen i mostly wrote cringey poetry and started novels that i never finished, but when i was 16 i started taking some creative writing college classes and have been into writing short stories ever since. i still sometimes write poetry and short stories, but since november my main focus has been my book.
    as for reading, i love sci-fi and some fantasy, as well as general fiction, poetry, and short stories.
    more random things about me:
    i live in the PNW of the USA and English is my native language. i'm a college student majoring in CIS (computer information systems) and considering double majoring with English. i love nature (i'm lucky to live in what i think is the most beautiful part of the country), writing and reading (duh) and video games. i struggle with insomnia, which is both a blessing and a curse for me personally; i do my best writing at night but suffer the next day at school. i also love to draw but i'm not too good at it. i think that's a satisfactory introduction. : )
    i look forward to making friends on this forum and discovering lots of wonderful writers! : )

2. Samunderthelights

Samunderthelights Active Member

Hi Chaela, welcome! I'm new here as well. :)
    I used to write most of my stories at night. There is just something about writing at night that is so different from writing during the day. It's odd.
    Anyway, welcome! :-D

A man called Valance likes this.
  3. Spencer1990

Spencer1990 Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find all you need and more here.

Just curious: Why no capitalization? I'm not asking as a back-handed criticism; I'm genuinely curious. You're not the first person I've seen do that and I was wondering if there was a reason or something.

4. Chaela

Chaela New Member

i type very fast (about 85 WPM) and i feel like stopping to capitalize disrupts my flow. basically i'm just lazy, but in my stories i do use proper capitalization.

5. Darkless

Darkless New Member

I took the time to welcome you, despite me being new as well. Lol but anyway, I too love to write at night. I am a fast typer as well, but I really have not tested myself to find out how many words I can type a minute. I am even faster with my story ideas, I tend to finish chapters rather quickly. My best time finishing a twenty plus chapter story was two months. I might be sharing that story here, but we'll see how it goes. So welcome, I hope you have a lot of fun.

6. Chaela

Chaela New Member

thanks for the welcome! yes, there's just something special about writing at night. maybe because it's nice and quiet. : ) and 20+ chapters in two months? that's really impressive. i usually write about 1-2k words a week, if i'm lucky.

Darkless likes this.
  7. Darkless

Darkless New Member

It could be because it's rather nice and quiet, maybe even because we're lonely and nothing seems to get in the way of us writing and developing our ideas. I don't know, I just like the mood. I also write a lot during the day, but night time is my favorite, especially with coffee, snacks and music. Oh, 1-2K is nothing for me, I can usually unload chapters that size in a matter of hours. You remember I did say that I was even faster with my ideas, right? That's because I've always been a dreamer, even at a tender young age. Back then I would spend time just thinking about crazy stuff, possible stuff, scenarios where I was the main character. Now, at the present time, it is easy for me since all I am doing is reminiscing on my past thoughts and converting them into stories that my brain has replayed many times. I hope to read something from you soon, so that I can give you feedback. :)