1. Still Life

Still Life Active Member

The "New Girl"

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Still Life, May 4, 2007.

Hullo all.

I've been lurking in other forums, and joining, and posting writing material that goes pretty unnoticed and is overwhelmed in a crowd of science fiction/fantasy/poetry lovers. It's what most of my friends write. They're all a bit batty (aren't all writers?) and tear through pages and pages in days. On the other hand, I'm the kind that stands in front of a puddle for oh so long and can't decided whether it'd be easier to curtail it by jumping over, or tiptoeing around the edges. I lose time that way. It's how I write: taking oodles of breaks, sometimes lounging in lawn chairs with KOOL AID, and saying to myself " I'll write today, when it's less hot," and then forget to write for months. Bad habit, I know.

Once in a while (and I really mean once in a while, like, in a blue moon, and sometimes not even then), I'll start writing a piece, which becomes a longer piece, which finally shows some semblance of becoming a story. They're mostly vignettes. But all of a sudden, lose my momentum. In high school, I frustrated my English teachers with my volley of runons, fragments, and colons - galore! and punctuations that didn't belong where they did (I was sort of alone in that sort of madness, until I read Dave Eggers and Joseph Heller.) but I just " had a feeling that it looked better there," and also because I never ended anything with a real ending.

But! I'm writing again. More frequently this time. Everyone's hounding me to go to college for it ( I dropped out last year after my father amassed a huge debt and could no longer send me), to hone my skills, to be bored for another four years. But I'm just not cut out for it (and sort of glad for, although very sympathetic, about my father's debt).

So hopefully I'll find some nice, talented writers here, and will be able to draw inspiration from writing by being around them, sort of like through osmosis, lol.

And yes. Finally! My intro's over.

2. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Hi there.
    I hope we can help with the whole finishing stories, and such. If you're patient you should get some good reviews on anything you post. If you have any questions at least one of us should have an answer for it. Maybe not the correct answer, but it will be an answer.
    Cheers.

3. Raven

Raven Banned

Big Intro.
    So Big Welcome.

You've chosen a good forum to be apart of. so as we say welcome to WF. We've got plenty for you to read and you'll get good honest crit on your own work. We're a good community and friendly.

If you need any help advice anything regarding WF please feel free to pm me or any of the Moderation team.

~Raven.

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Welcome to WF I hope you have a wonderful and pleasant time here with all of us.
    I look forward to seeing you around the board and hope that you find this forum to be enjoyable and helpful. :)

~Torana

5. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Articulate in intro, warm in welcome. See you around the site!

6. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

hey Still life!

California, awesome :D

Welcome to the forums, hope to see you around:)