1. Dan Rhodenizer

Dan Rhodenizer New Member

Hello, Dan Rhodenizer here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dan Rhodenizer, Jul 23, 2007.

Well, I am just starting to write. I have had ideas of books, movies etc. for a long time. So now, I am using writing as a creative outlet.

About me:

I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I like to browse the Internet a lot, play video games and create stuff in Photoshop.
    Check out my two recent Photoshop Creations if you want:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/1DanR1/mountainlake.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/1DanR1/DRLakeSceneryArt-1.jpg

Music is a passion for me (as I love listening to it and create it for enjoyment). I create mostly orchestral music, and the kind of music you would see in movies, but I do experiment a lot.
    Check out some of my music too if you want:
    purevolume™ | Dan Rhodenizer

I am a big Jim Carrey fan. I have been a fan of him ever since Ace Ventura, but my favorite movie with him is The Truman Show. I prefer his Drama movies to his Comedy movies, but he is great in both. Anyways... I will see you around.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Welcome to the forums, Dan! I hope you enjoy the forums, and if you need any help with anything, please feel free to ask. I'm always happy to help.

3. Dan Rhodenizer

Thanks. I just got done reading that article about “teens usually sucking at writing”, so that somewhat put a damper on me (as I am 18). However, I guess it is completely normal (unless you’re a freak of nature).

However, I do have a question. What situations do you put a comma or period before or after a quote or brackets? I mean, lately I have been reading articles that sometimes have the comma or period before quotations “like this,” or after quotations “like this”,

I really do not understand it much. Maybe you or someone else can shed some light on it?

4. Banzai

In quotations you put the comma/period inside the quotations "like this."

With brackets, it depends on the function of the brackets. If they are being used for parenthesis (like this), then the comma/period goes after the bracket. (If it is something completely seperate to any sentance outside the brackets, then you put the comma/period inside the brackets, like this.)

Hope that helps, and don't worry about the teenage writing thing. We all have to start somewhere, and you just have to look around this site to see that teenagers can be very good at writing. Don't lose hope.

5. Dan Rhodenizer

That helps a lot, thanks Banzai.

Yeah I already was browsing this site a lot and found some good Writing by teens.

I wont lose hope. I never did when I was learning how to create Art, or when I was learning how to create Music. So why should I start with Writing? :)

I also edited my first post. I found out my links they weren’t working, so I fixed them.

6. Banzai

Your works on photoshop are quite impressive. I must say I've never mastered photoshop, and since I got my laptop I must say I've given up trying.

Your music is also very good, though can I ask what you use to make it?

7. Dan Rhodenizer

Thanks. I have been using Photoshop for about 3 years now. It takes time and practice. I used many tutorials when I started out. I thought that helped greatly.

I am glad you like my Music. People I know generally are not a fan of it.

I use Cubase SX. I add a MIDI track, and then open Key Editor to write my notes and such. Then I do this for other instruments that I may want in it. Finally, I add drums with Drum Editor, and then use Edirol Orchestral to simulate real instruments that I want in the song.

8. Banzai

Well, it's a very different style to what I usually hear. I wouldn't listen to it all the time, but it's not bad by any means.

9. Dan Rhodenizer

Thanks again. Anyways, I better get some sleep. So bye, nice talking to you.

10. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Hi Dan, glad Banzai's been able to help you out with a few things. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm just listening to your music now which is fairly reasonable, this Dauntless track sounds like electronic orchestra, nice.

Anyway we have a set of reviewers round here whose user names are in green and are thus easily spotted, they can be approached if you have a particular review based request.

See you around the site!

11. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hi Dan. Welcome to the Writing Forums!

Well, I see several other members have already greeted you, so I'll be less wordy than usual. I hope you take a tour of the site to find all the hidden gems like competitions, friendly word games, and the Writing Issues forums.

Our approach on the Review Room forums is to emphasize writing reviews over receiving them. For me, writing reviews for others does more to sharpen my eye for improving my own work than receiveing critiques has from others over the years. It's a somewhat different approach they've arrived at here, but it works!

So hello, Dan, I hope you find this place to your liking. Have fun!

12. Dan Rhodenizer

Thanks guys. If I have any questions or review requests I'll be sure to ask.

13. DivineLemon

DivineLemon New Member

Welcome to the forums! I am somewhat new here also.

14. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hey dan. Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
    I look forward to seeing you around the board in the near future and reading over some of your work.

Tor

15. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome to writing Forums. I certainly hope you stick around

~Raven.

16. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

bonjour