1. Topaztock

Topaztock Member

There goes the neighbourhood

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Topaztock, Jul 11, 2015.

Hey all!

I'm Thomas and I write words, every so often I get some in the right order.

I'm currently writing my first novella which is a new experience and I'm enjoying exploring these characters in more depth.

This september, I'm hoping to go to do a digital Film & TV production course at University, as I feel writing and directing scripts is my eventual endgame.

I hope to be useful to this forum and vice versa!

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started.
    What's your novella about? Exploring characters is definitely fun. All the stories they can tell..

Anyway, have fun, and see you around!

-Kat

3. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

Hi Thomas,

Welcome to the forum. :)

Film and TV production sounds awesome. Wish I had done something cool like that. ;)

4. DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse Member

Sounds like a cohesive plan, welcome!

5. Topaztock

Topaztock Member

Just read it, all good to know!

I've usually written shorter things, admittedly. I've been writing short scripts (as they're easier to get made) so I decided to write prose just so I can have full control and have it 'completed' (as opposed to an unmade script, never fulfilling it's potential!).

I'm writing a slice of life story in a post-apocalyptic world about a small community functioning after a disaster, with a bit of a supernatural undertone. I'm sure I'll be asking for help about it as I go along!

Thanks! I'm hoping it'll be good. I've done a few filmmaking courses and I'm looking forwards to exploring it more. I'm very interested in the writing aspects, but writing you can do on your own, as long as you have something to write on... Filmmaking is a little more complicated and collaborative which means experience is a little harder to get!

Fingers crossed! Cheers.