1. Luminous

Luminous New Member

*Greetings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Luminous, Mar 24, 2008.

Hello :love:

I'm Elizabeth from Minnesota, currently a sophmore in high school who likes to make virtual hearts with :love:. (what? haha)

I obviously enjoy writing for one reason or another, and I also am passionate about theoretical physics. I write fiction, I guess because I figure the world is how it is and will constantly be changing for logical and explainable reasons, so fiction, or what isn't, is a more important topic to cover.

I also love videogames and movies. :p

I hate formal introductions, but in this case, I make an exception.
    :)

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Elizabeth, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

But if you hadn't introduced yourself, look at all the neat information you'd have missed out on! ;)

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hiya there, Elizabeth. Welcome to WF.org!

4. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

a girl who likes videogames:eek:<pulls Luminous aside and says> you are the coolest:D. Welcome to WFs:)

5. Luminous

Luminous New Member

I'm inbetween flattered and scared by that...

! New friends are the coolest, haha!
    :) :love:

6. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

nah dont be scared...i just find that totally different. you a rare one:)

7. Anthony James Barnett

Anthony James Barnett New Member

Hi there, welcome.

The first introduction I had to high level physics was in Nigeria about 30 years ago. I was in a woodcarver's hut, purchasing a chess set I'd ordered. I chatted to his daughter in the corner, (reading a book by pressure lamps) - found she was studying for her Phd in physics - I was cut off at the stump. I took a science degree after that - to prove to myself I could do it.

Anthony