1. Annalise_Azevedo

Annalise_Azevedo Member

Hiya there

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Annalise_Azevedo, Jun 27, 2014.

Good day/night/morning to everyone :D I was referred to this forum after I finished off one of my first novels for the millionth time so I had a look around and it seems highly positive. So let's start - I've been writing fantasy stories as long as I can remember. I can tell I've come a long way from my first story 'The Magic Dog' and I can only hope I improve.

When I was back in school, I remember always passing my short story exam with ease. But when it came to essays I pretty much died on the inside when I looked at the paper.

So anyway, I always write something. If it's not my novels, it's fanfiction (That are currently on hiatus until I can have my own source of internet that isn't my silly phone). I've always liked writing because it put me in another situation, I get to create my own world and there's no rules to writing.

Now, I do admit I am extremely picky when it comes to stories. I'm more fantasy and supernatural, but I don't mind reading romance as long as it's not Twilight or Fifty Shades. I can't read Mary Sue/Gary Stu stories; if I see any signs of them I run for the hills.

Now before I make this intro a novel itself, I'm just going to stop from here. Just that I hope that I can enjoy my time here and talk to other writers. ;)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  2. Amanda_Geisler

Amanda_Geisler Senior Member

Glad you decided to join after all. I think this is the only writers site I have actually managed to get you to join. Since this is the first reply I shall be the one to show you the new member guide location if you haven't already found it, https://www.writingforums.org/threads/new-member-quick-start-guide.132102/ it just has all the rules and what not for the forum.

I shall see you around the forums Lise :D
    Amanda

3. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

@Annalise_Azevedo and @Amanda_Geisler shall now be known as "The Wolfpack". All in favour say aye.

Welcome, by the way. :D

4. Annalise_Azevedo

Annalise_Azevedo Member

I would say thank you for the link, but you just had to say that in the end didn't you?

But I shall see you on the forum... Da xD

5. Amanda_Geisler

Yep, I live too far away now for you to donk me on the head every time I say it and by the time I come home at Christmas this post will be forgotten.

6. Annalise_Azevedo

Annalise_Azevedo Member

Sorry Amanda but do you really know me? I don't forget something like this so easily. I knew you were ticking me off because you live too far away to face my nickname wrath.

Thank you Thomas, I shall say 'Aye' for being in the Wolfpack :D Amanda and I go back in school. We shared the same hobbies which pretty much stuck until now.

Thomas Kitchen likes this.
  7. Amanda_Geisler

It's called wishful thinking. I'm likely to cop a donk on the head the second you see me aren't I. And Thomas I say 'aye' as well. I have had the privilege (or horror, depending on how you look at it :p ) of being Annalise's friend since we were like 12.

Amanda

8. Annalise_Azevedo

Annalise_Azevedo Member

Oh you're funny Amanda, in fact I'm chuckling behind my screen right now. Yep - you're gonna suffer a donk on the head. But yeah I've been stuck knowing Amanda for quite some time I consider it to be a curse but hey, no one's perfect ;).

Amanda_Geisler likes this.
  9. Amanda_Geisler

I suppose a donk on the head is better then being tackled by you when you get called small or short. But hey remember I'm the one with the car to take us places on my Christmas holidays. And I think a trip to Dreamworld is being planned with Trav.

Amanda

10. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Don't forget about Lemex. He's the original wolf.

11. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Of course! :D