1. lookingforstars

lookingforstars New Member

Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lookingforstars, Jul 10, 2014.

Whoa, this place is huge.

I stumbled onto this place in my search for a community to write with because I've been feeling trapped and lost in my own methods and experience. I felt like I needed to meet other writers and learn from them and receive real critique and see what I'm doing right just as clearly as what I'm doing wrong. Looking around, it looks like there's no shortage of talent and passion here and while I'm a little daunted as kind of a beginner, I'm so excited.

A little about me: I'm 18, and I proudly live in sunny southern California. I've been writing since the fourth grade, and telling stories long before that. (For some reason it never occurred to me to write down the rambling three act epics I would reenact with my superhero action figures, although I'm actually really glad no evidence survives of those things.) Books have been my constant addiction since the day I learned to read and I'm grateful that I have enough free time this summer to read all the books I've had to put off because of school.

I absolutely love music, and I sing and play guitar, sometimes in between bursts of writing when I'm stuck to spur me along. I also love to act, play basketball, and play chess. I love trying new things and writing about new ideas to the point that I can have multiple tabs open with story ideas because I try to get myself unstuck in one project by starting another one.

Other than that, I love meeting new people, making new friends, and most of all, I love writing and being able to express and share my own ideas, so I'm looking forward to meeting y'all!

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @lookingforstars, and welcome to the forum! Please read our New Member Quick Start Guide, which links to our Rules and other useful info.

This is a great forum for writers. Judging from your intro post, you've come to the right place! Participate and have fun! :)