1. Iain Wood

Iain Wood Member

Hi everyone...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Iain Wood, Sep 28, 2015.

..., and thanks for having me !

I joined the forum in order to iron-out many problems I have with English writing.

Having left school at the age of fifteen to become a watchmaker, I cut short the apprenticeship to move on to a military career with the Pipes and Drums of the 2nd Bn. The Scots Guards. Following that, I became an expat by moving to the French speaking south of Belgium (not far from Waterloo) where I’ve been speaking French for the past forty years.

Having started writing purely as a hobby and de-stressor, I now have about twenty unpublished manuscripts made up basically of fairy tales and short-story fiction. However, I now wish to publish one of them next year and I’ve been working hard on a historical account of my Battalion at the Battle of Waterloo..., and in particular, ‘a weekend’ with a certain Guardsman called Matthew Clay.
    http://blidworthhistoricalsociety.co.uk/10501.html

Clay wrote one of the rare accounts of the Battle but unfortunately, there are many ‘holes’ in his narrative and like a typical soldier, there are many ‘lamp-swinging’ exaggerations.

In addition to my on-site research combined with all the new historical and archaeological finds; I’m also being assisted by many expert historians and RHQ-Archives. One such historian is John Franklin who has a new and amazing book out next month that will astound many experts. ‘The Struggle for Hougoumont.’

I’m also looking for two co-writers..., one German and the other French.

I thank you all in advance... Kind ReGuards..., Iain.
    http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3994/scotsguards.jpg

2. davetee

davetee New Member

Hi Iain. Given the genre you write, you may be interested in a competition running in Writing Magazine - October 2015 edition

3. Iain Wood

Iain Wood Member

Hi Davetee..., and thanks ! Lol... I’m slightly flattered by your proposal but I’m here to learn. In any case, the manuscript will not be ready before 2016.

Have a nice day. Kind Regards..., Iain.