1. JNobles

JNobles New Member

Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JNobles, Jul 24, 2016.

Hello,

My name is Josh and I am currently pursuing a bachelors in Studio Art at University of South Florida. I am the resident manager of an independent living facility in Florida. I achieved this position because I was a part of the program at one time and did so well that I was promoted to work for the organization. I am diagnosed with schizo-affective disorder and have spent many years combating the disease. I am now on top of it and doing wonderfully. I have a passion for creative writing, mainly poetry and prose poetry. I have started a poetic comic entitled NoFace on Facebook that I have been doing for around a year. I also plan to minor in creative writing once I get situated with the University.

Thank you,

Josh

VynniL likes this.
  2. A man called Valance

A man called Valance Senior Member

Hello Josh. Welcome to the site.

3. VynniL

VynniL Contributor Contributor

Hey Josh,

Welcome to the site and thank you for sharing a bit about yourself. I found it interesting and can only sympathise with your battle. It's great you have passion for creation. :)

Also, another poet! No, I'm not implying I am legitimate poet, I'm more a wannabe poet/anti-poet Only, I'm trying build an army of poets to take over WF and scare off all the good novel writing citizens with bad poetry, maybe you'd like to register? I'll accept good poets too. hehe

Anyway, enough of my silliness. On a more serious note, hopefully you'll find a moment to pop over to the WF competition area. It's just easygoing fun and no pressure. I enjoy doing the poetry comps, and hope you enter or vote as well. I recently had my husband reread one of my entries and almost threw up it was so corny...:-D
    https://www.writingforums.org/writing-contests/

Hope to see you post about,
    Linny

4. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @JNobles, and welcome to the forum! Please read our New Member Quick Start - it'll get you going around here. Participate and have fun!

I enjoy prose poetry. I hope, when you satisfy the requirements, you'll post some samples of your work in our Workshop. I'd love to read it. :)

VynniL likes this.