Tags:
  1. Aleph Arcane

Aleph Arcane New Member

How's it goin'?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Aleph Arcane, Oct 29, 2007.

You can call me whatever you want, that is, as long as it isn't slandering or, well, you get the point.

I'm an odd individual, laid back and very subjective when it doesn't come to writing. I'm not currently of any writing career, though I've had a few offers as a music critic; none of which I've taken.

I like an array of things, as I'm very empathetic towards culture and it's pertaining ideas. What I love more than anything, is philosophy. I'm not going to say I'm a transcendentalist, objectivist, existentialist, or really, any of those. I like to suck the logic out of everything. My entire believe system is somewhat of a collection of things. Quantum physics definitely being my most major influence. So normally, if you read anything by me, it, in some way, relates to my personal philosophy.

My second favorite thing, is punk (proto, modern, post, w/e). However, please don't observe me as one of those Mohawk, anarchy, **** America type of punks. I'm pro-American, I love the constitution, I believe in our government, and I despise the idea of conforming to a label just so I can attack others for doing the same. I simply think punk is confused. It doesn't understand itself. Punk isn't all I listen to, either. I like reggae, ska, new wave, no wave, dark wave, ambient, nonreligious spiritual, shoegaze, experimental, orchestra, rap, hip hop, techno, break beat, dance, drum n' bass, rock n' roll, rockabilly, psychobilly, etc.

Lastly, I love to write. I suppose that's why I'm here. I don't want forum fame or the slim chance of getting published on here. I don't even want anyone to like my writing, but I'm still going to post it, and hopefully, once I settle down some more, do my own critiques, which I've always had fun doing.

So, how's it goin'?

2. dushechka

dushechka New Member

You seem very well read / rounded, which is always a nice thing to have.

Welcome to the forums and I look forward to reading some of your writing.

The pro-America comment entertained me. : p

3. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

Welcome aboard!

4. Aleph Arcane

Aleph Arcane New Member

Dushechka and Endeavour, I thank you both for welcoming me to the site and I hope to read from you both in the future. Hopefully, my stay wont be short.

5. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

I hope your stay isn't a short one either, welcome to the site. I also enjoy the critiquing aspect of the site as well as the creative side - I feel it's the best way to learn. Hoping to see you around the site soon.

Should you be able to muster the desire then please be free to enter our short story contests - the current one is linked here:

Short Story Contest (12) - Theme: Halloween - Writing Forums

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

'Allo Aleph, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

7. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome here, and enjoy it here. I'm going to use here a lot because here is what fits right here. So yeah, see you here and there.

8. Aleph Arcane

Aleph Arcane New Member

Gannon - I'm glad you informed me, I have actually started something last night that needs placement. It would work well with Halloween, I'm sure. If not, I could always make it work. Either way, thank you for welcoming me, as well as critiquing my first posted story.

Cogito - I understand fully, critiquing is as fun as writing for me. Thank you for the welcome.

Anthrax - Thank you, I'm sure I will stay for as long as I can.

9. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Heya! Welcome to the site :) Hope you're settling in alright.

10. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forum I hope you have a great time here with all of us and I look forward to seeing your work around the boards.
    Torana