1. Savigni

Savigni New Member

Hi mates, i really need some tips

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Savigni, Mar 9, 2014.

First of all iam trully sorry if i make to much mistakes on my writting, but english is not my native language, i guess i got sloppy on writting when i started speaking well english. So i dont want to bore anybody i just wanted to say hello to the community and saying that i dont know how this kind of foruns work, but i realized that i need to be near this environment, i have alot of imagination and i read and watch alot of movies, wich made me come up with alot of storys, but i feel like i let my creativity slip way everytime i take one of them and try to give them shape. Iam making a book and a script for a movie, but while i have a lot of highlight moments, i find it very hard to connect them and give shape to those dull moments when you provide information about the plot or carachters. I guess i lack discipline or a solid method, but i really need some tips. Much aprecciated for your time and patience for my horrible english

2. AsherianCommand

AsherianCommand Active Member

Don't Worry. English doesn't need to be learnt as badly as people make out! And welcome to the forum!

And interesting idea. But its going to be very hard to execute. Goodluck!

3. Bjørnar Munkerud

Bjørnar Munkerud Senior Member

I suggest you stop being sloppy as soon as possible. As a writer you need to do your best, and you only improve by giving it a fair go. So whether it's a forum post, shopping list, text message or short story, you should probably use correct spelling and such as it not only makes an editor's job easier, but it also gives you a better chance of getting published and also it clarifies the meaning to whoever reads the stuff you write, including you. When you read through your work, which you will have to do several times, you will also be thankful to yourself if you've already structured your text so that you understand what you meant when you first wrote it. This applies whatever language, genre or medium you use. Have patience, because writers need it, and good luck. Take all the time you need. :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  4. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Welcome to the forum Savigni! I hope you find the people here as friendly and helpful as I do. There are lots of us who are eager to assist aspiring writers. See you around the forum!
    ~LTW

5. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Senior Member

Welcome Savigni, enjoy your time on the forum.

Don't worry about your use of the language, many forum users, such as myself, are not native English speakers, so we understand how hard it can be at times.

6. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forum. You'll find that this is an inspiring place.

7. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

happy to have you here, savigni!

i mentor many writers in all parts of the world, to whom english is not their first language, so feel free to email me if you ever need any private help... meanwhile, you'll find the members here very friendly and willing to give you helpful feedback...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

8. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey