1. Katherine Melmore

Katherine Melmore Member

Hi Guys!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Katherine Melmore, Apr 11, 2014.

I'm a new writer of so far a play, short plays and a short film as well as a lot of essays over the years, (ha!).

I have only had one monologue performed in Connecticut so far and I scripted and voiced a short film which was short listed for the Vimeo film awards 2011 NYC.

I'm British living in Plymouth UK.

I like chatting and sometimes spot something that really stands out in someone's script. You're a lot more likely to get praise from me if you are good and no words if I don't think you are good.

anyway nice to meet everyone

Do you know how many posts or anything to get credit to post a short piece in Share your work section please?

Thanks

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi Katherine, and welcome to the forum :)

Please read the rules and the FAQ as a start.

Here's the workshop policy in a nutshell:

• Posting in the Writing Workshop requires 2 or more constructive critiques of other members' work for each new posted work.
    • You must be registered for at least 14 days and have made 20 posts before you can create a thread in our workshops.
    • Only your own writing may be posted in the Writing Workshop.

Have fun!

3. Katherine Melmore

Katherine Melmore Member

Thanks KaTrian,

how is it decided whether you have made a constructive critique?

does it have to be in the same exact area of a forum - such as scripts - will it be acceptable to post critiques in say autobiography and get a review of a play? or is it script reviews only for a script crit?

Thanks!

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

After you have critiqued others' works, you can post into any room :) You seem to have critiqued two works, which is good, but there're also other requirements such as a post count (20) and you have to have been a member for two weeks.

Katherine Melmore likes this.