1. General Daedalus

General Daedalus Banned

An Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by General Daedalus, Jul 15, 2015.

Hi,

I'm new here, so I thought that I might as well introduce myself formally. For now, I'm Daedalus, a 16-year-old slightly out of practice novelist trying to get back into writing. I used to write quite a lot when I was a kid, in fact I was often praised for it in my primary school, but I've been out of it for a few years now. I spent the past five years programming, and now I'm leading a development team, building a large-scale PC game. All of the computer time has taken over me in a way, and yesterday I finally decided to get into writing. Properly this time. I'm working on the beginnings of a novel (I won't bore you with the details here, but I'll be asking for your thoughts on my concept in a separate post). I hope to spend some time on the forums, as I'd love to learn some new skills and improve my existing ones.

Thanks for reading,

-Daedalus.

2. Quixote's Biographer

Quixote's Biographer Active Member

Welcome!

I've recently joined myself but my first impression of this forum is great. Very friendly people who are more than happy to answer questions and help with writing and giving useful feedback. Glad you joined us!

3. RachHP

RachHP Senior Member

Hi Daedalus, (awesome username btw).
    Welcome :) There's lots to learn around here and plenty of people who enjoy having their brain picked.
    Enjoy,
    Rach

4. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome to the forum, General!
    Programming, you say? Well, you're not the only one around here who's dabbling in such things. And being leader of a dev team? That sounds awesome! :agreed:

Btw, here's a link to the New Member Quick Start. It will take you through the forum's rules and general layout.

Have fun and good luck with all your projects!