1. Diablo101

Diablo101 New Member

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Diablo101, Aug 9, 2015.

G'day from the land down under :)
    I'm Diablo!

Its awesome to be here in a place with other writers.
    I'm a young adult writer, currently writing 1 trilogy, and 1 series. (A Reason for War Trilogy, Enchained Series respectively)
    I've been writing for a little bit (about 5 years) But have been struggling to get my writing off the ground due to life being a pain and making me unable to fantasize about my books and characters to develop them further for any longer than 5 minutes. (Boy that was a mouthful) Book #1 - A Reason For War Trilogy is about 4 chapters along at about 4,000 words each so far until I can expand them with better writing so I don't have 16 chapters or more >.> and Just started the outlining and character making for #1 - Chains of the Ancestors - Enchained Series

By the way, My writing style/use of appropriate words for a scene is at an all time low...Some times I struggle to let the words... flow.

I came on here looking for critique, and some help in some much needed areas, but also having the experience to read and critique material from other like minded writers. I mainly like to work on and read War, Alternate history and Fantasy stories, so ill be frequenting around for new reads (Im a picky reader) :(

I work in the Military (hence the war writing), I love animals and reading fantasy mainly (Looove Raymond E Feist)

Finally! some people who know what we're all going through! :p

2. Theogenes

Theogenes New Member

Hey. So what is your role in the military? I'm waiting to join myself, I've had a few unfortunate setbacks so I'm waiting for things to heal up before I carry on with the application.
    Also, what is the setting for your war books? Is it modern?

3. Diablo101

Diablo101 New Member

I do Administration in the Navy. I also occasionally work at a base for young kids (think JROTC, or Sea Cadets) doing training, personnel management and constructing curriculum :)

The war books, while I made it in a fictionalised world, the technology of the Era is more close to a WW2 Style, and a bit of guerilla warfare throughout, So the battlefield is hot and cold at times. Plenty of differing governments (Main country is a Monarchy, Antagonist country is a Military Dictatorship, other countries being communist, totalitarian and Imperial Empire) The Main character is suffering PTSD from the loss of his family (Car crash caused by a truck driver). unfortunately there is no internet... So think WW2 era with a bit of a different setting, and small tweaks in regards to military items in use, as they wouldnt be the same as they were here back in ww2.

4. Song

Song Active Member

Welcome to Diablo :superhello:
    Don't worry about how fast it comes. Some days you'll write more and some days you won't.