1. Jackie Coleman

Jackie Coleman New Member

Howzit?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jackie Coleman, Aug 18, 2016.

Jumping on to say hi. Joined just before I went on holiday, so having a good look around now.
    I have been writing on and off since I was about 14 or so. Really trying to get back into now. I did a Creative Writing course earlier in the year, which has helped.
    I have tons of "opening scenes" that seem to go no further. So, I am hoping for some tips and motivation. I have notebooks everywhere, even notes on my phone. :bigsmile:
    Take care and happy writing... :bigwink:

A man called Valance likes this.
  2. A man called Valance

A man called Valance Senior Member

Welcome @Jackie Coleman Sorry you had to wait so long for a greeting.

3. Bingo

Bingo New Member

Hi Jackie. I am new here as well. When I read your message I realized I was in the same boat. I write my opening scene or moment and then stop.
    Are you writing out your storyline/plot with the significant events listed in order as you want them to happen? Also, my characters had no depth and no history to draw from. I am guessing that once I sit down and make my character profiles deeper it will be easier to create the story.
    You could always start with the shorter flash fiction.
    I am curious to hear what more experienced writers would say.
    Enjoy your journey.