1. AutumnGaslight

AutumnGaslight New Member

Hi.... new here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AutumnGaslight, Mar 30, 2015.

May as well give an introduction.
    I go by the name of Sheridan and I am self-publishing my work. I am not here to promote, I'm here to join a community and I certainly won't be spamming ads.
    Sure, many think that all indie and self-pub is 'Vanity Press' - it isn't. Okay, a hell a lot of it is, but for many it is a business and a back up source of income. There is nothing 'Vain' about writing books and promoting to boost sales.

If anything, I prefer self-pub for two huge reasons.
    1) We're selling a product. If the product isn't good, it simply will not sell. Yet traditionally published authors seem to get away with anything once they flog a few books. The editing goes to the dogs and the plot starts to go walkies. Indie-authors can't do that... we lose sales.
    2) Size of book. Sure, the first book may be only 400 pages long... but by the 12th it is the size of a breeze block. The content could fit into 400 pages, but it's padded out liberally with words. Most probably as more words equals more money for the publisher and author. Indi-authors can't afford to do it... we lose sales.

Aside from that ... all is well lol

Steerpike likes this.
  2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Supporter Contributor

Hey Sheridan. Welcome to the site!

3. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi Sheridan, and welcome to the forum!
    I'm sure others here will be excited to hear about your experiences in self-publishing. :)

Here's our New Member Guide to get you started. Have fun!

-Kat