Tags:
  1. Trojangirl

Trojangirl New Member

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Trojangirl, May 11, 2015.

I had a strange dream over the weekend. I was surround by hundreds and hundreds of books, all romance novels which I read voraciously as a teenager and young adult. Anywho, the books were hard covers and filled the book shelves but once I came across the soft covered books, I decided to throw them away or burn them, I don't remember which path I took. I stopped reading romance novels decades ago once I entered the business world and started reading business and finance papers, magazines and then business books.

Last night I dreamed that an old college mate called me out of bed to bring a journal to her. Though we are connected on Facebook, we rarely contact each other. She is in public relations and writes poetry and is heavily into speaking events and with the spoken word crowd. I'm still shaking my head about that dream, we are not that close enough for that situation to happen.

So why am I writing this intro? I think myself is talking to me. I better make up my mind and write. Stop procrastinating. I have a degree in creative writing from USC and in the 20 years I've been out of school, I've done nothing with it. How foolish is that? I procrastinated there too but the deadlines always got the story out of me even with 20 minutes to turning it in. So, I found this forum and hope to kick myself in the butt and get these stories out of my head and into the world. I'm taking it as a 12 Step. First admit the truth.

Hi, I'm Trojangirl and I'm a writer.

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Hi, Trojangirl! Welcome!

Quite a story you've got there! Most of my writing-related dreams revolve around this forum, for some reason. ;)

Take a moment to go through our New Member Guide, it will get you started with the forum's rules and general layout.

Have fun and good luck with your writing!

3. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.