1. passenger

passenger Member

ready to learn, ready to listen, a mere passenger in life with a secret mission.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by passenger, Sep 28, 2014.

hello, i'm simply hear to learn and any help is greatly appreciated.

best,

passenger

2. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Welcome aboard. You'll find a find a wide range of people from all around the world with a vast variety of knowledge willing to help when they can. Make sure to check out the New Member Guide for the forum rules and some help on how to navigate and post on the board! Once again welcome to the forum! :agreed:

3. passenger

passenger Member

Thank you Lewdog.
    I read the New member guide, but I was wondering if you could help point me in the right direction. i'm new to writing, very new. i just started increasing my vocab and the best way i know how to remember new words is to put the into a sentence. so i signed up here thinking this would be the ideal place. however, looking the the threads i believe my questions would be far to trivial and maybe even annoying to some e.g. " there will be many who attempt to disparage his message with extreme effrontery." - would i use with or in? and is this sentence even using disparage and effrontery correctly?

These are the types of threads i would be posting, but not sure if this is the place. Please let me know, and thanks again.

- passenger

p.s. The question above is my first real question. :write:

4. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

There was a guy that asked questions like that all the time and people spent time answering them. It's just important to post your questions in the right area of the forum. I believe the right place for your needs would be the "Word Mechanics" section.

Okon likes this.
  5. passenger

passenger Member

thanks again

6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

There's an idiom thread in Word Mechanics. It's a sticky, so it's easy to find from the top of the list, and you're bound to get several replies. :)

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :D

-Kat

7. passenger

passenger Member

Thnk you Kat