1. Torpeh

Torpeh Member

Hi There

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Torpeh, Dec 2, 2006.

Hi all. I am Torpeh, and it is my pleasure to meet you.

Well, I'm a 14-year-old grammar freak, in short. I have a strange obsession with grammar, and study grammar laws daily. Strange? I suppose. It's just one of those things. Anyway, I generally have a grammar textbook to hand, so I shall do my very best to answer any questions regarding grammatical accuracy.

Through grammar, I found enjoyment in reviewing and critiquing manuscripts. I have been reviewing formally for a year, now, and review for a local newspaper. Without getting my hopes up, I would like to make a career out of reviewing literature, although I enjoy various other aspects of writing.

I am currently writing a novel called 'Language's End,' which I would like to publish. Of course, it will take me a lot of spare time to get the narrative to a publishable standard, but I'm willing to put in the effort: I often spend three hours a day on my writing. If anyone would be kind enough to give me a critique when I post excerpts here, I'd happily return the favour.

I have been a member of a few writing boards in my time. Most have become off-topic places though; they're far too unconstructive for me, and I ended up being the only one who did any reviewing. I'm sure this one is different.

Yes, I am English, as I'm sure you can tell by the spelling of some of my words. More specifically, I live on the Kent-London border, in the southeast.

Outside of writing, I'm a cricket fanatic. I often spend three hours a week training - which sometimes has to be sacrificed for my writing, sadly. I have been honoured to represent my club, district and London at cricket, and wish to go one better and represent my county in the future.

As you can probably tell, I set myself high goals. :p

Anyway, that's all that there is to me, really. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you.

2. zerobytes

zerobytes Contributing Member

Welcome aboard Torpeh. Sounds like you've found the right place and we could definitely use a SPAG expert here! I, for one, know that I could use some grammatical breakdowns of my stuff. I look forward to reading your stuff and hope that this forum provides the environment you're looking for. Cheers,

zb

PS What does Torpeh mean?

3. M.Kirk

M.Kirk Member

I love you already. Haha, welcome the forums.

Also, watch out for Felony. I'm not sure somebody who takes such a high appreciation for grammar will enjoy reading his posts.

4. Torpeh

Torpeh Member

Hi M.Kirk and Zerobytes.

'Torpeh' is just a name I use online for writing purposes. It evolved as a nickname from an old username I had for an online game, 'Torpedo 74.' I guess I consider it my pen name.

5. zerobytes

zerobytes Contributing Member

lol Kirk. And, the reason I ask about the name is because "torpe" is the spanish word for klutz so I wasn't sure if you were taking a jab at yourself there. Torpedo is a much cooler origin. Again, glad to have you,

zb

6. Torpeh

Torpeh Member

I must admit, I was not aware of the translation in Spanish. The original nickname was actually 'Torpy,' but the 'y' was changed by a few to an 'eh' and it stuck.

7. Felony

Felony Contributing Member

nice to see you are here. Welcome!

8. Sf Gr3y

Sf Gr3y Member

I don't know you!

9. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

Wassup kluts! :D :D

This site is very promising and I'm sure it will do well with you on board as the grammar meastro extraodinaire. :p :)

10. Torpeh

Torpeh Member

Heh, thanks for the warm welcome.

11. newguy

newguy Contributing Member

Hey man welcome to the WF
    I hope to be readin' an excerpt
    from your novel sometime!
    good luck with that!

12. ariella

ariella Contributing Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca