1. innocentghost

innocentghost New Member

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by innocentghost, Jul 27, 2015.

I already made a post elsewhere, but I figure an introductory post wouldn't hurt. I'm an aspiring writer with a goal to write complex yet exciting fantasy novels. I've begun reading history books, starting with English and Western European history, but eventually plan to branch out into cultures across all continents, as a means to improve my writing, and search for inspiration.

While I do read fantasy (mainly high fantasy), I'm also into sci-fi (especially space operas or similar genres) and horror as well. Some of my favorite series include the Crossroads trilogy by Kate Elliot, The Twelve Houses series by Sharon Shinn, the Cassandra Kresnov series by Joel Shepherd, the Sirantha Jax series by Ann Aguirre, and the Spice and Wolf novels by Isuna Hasekura.

I also enjoy composing music and playing video games, especially single player RPGs.

It seems like a pretty friendly place and helpful place here, so I'm looking forward to posting here. :)

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi there!:superhello:

Welcome to WF. Sounds like you'll fit right in. We have quite a few ongoing discussions already about fantasy and sci-fi here on the boards, so jump in!

Also, here's our New Member Quick Start to get you properly started. Have fun!

-Kat

3. Song

Song Active Member

Welcome to the forum :superhello:

I'm also an avid gamer, platformers and RPGs are my drug.

Daemon Wolf likes this.
  4. innocentghost

innocentghost New Member

Thank you! I'm already learning quite a lot from what I've read here already. And thanks for the new member quick start link.
    Thanks! What kind of RPGs and platformers do you play, out of curiosity? I actually do enjoy platformers, especially ones made in the 90s.

5. Daemon Wolf

Daemon Wolf Senior Member

*Cough* FPS *Cough*

6. Daemon Wolf

Daemon Wolf Senior Member

Welcome to the Forums :) Hope you like it here.

7. Song

Song Active Member

All kinds of RPGs (I have all the gaming platforms haha), my next rpg will be witcher 3 which I have waiting for me on my pc. But I also like JRPGs and I'm playing Mega Dimensions Neptuna in Japanese right now (its not out in English yet), I loved Dragon Age last year. I have some top down rpgs that I'm waiting to play like Van Helsing and then there is the old school Legend of Grimlock 2 (I loved Eye of the Beholder).

As for platformers I really like the 3D ones like mario 64, Banjo etc but they are rare these days. I also like the 2D ones like Sonic, Mario, Donkey Kong, Rayman, Ori and the Blind Forest.

At the moment I'm working through 4 games. I'm about to finish Arkham Knight, AC:Unity, Halo 3 and I have just started Yoshi's Woolie World which is so cute.

They can be good, Wolfenstien: New Order was fantastic.

8. TheClintHennesy

TheClintHennesy Member

Hey! :D And Welcome to the WritingForums.org. :D

I play RPGs as well- but I've always felt like they were too hard. D:
    I never finished a Final Fantasy game in my life. xD

9. innocentghost

innocentghost New Member

Thank you! And not exactly an FPS fan here, but nothing wrong if you are one. :-D

You have all platforms? Lucky! Witcher 3 was one I was looking into, but I don't have a PS4 yet. And actually, most of the RPGs I play are JRPGs. Recently I've been going through the Final Fantasy games; I just finished 7, tried 8 for like 20 hours but didn't like it, and now I'm working on 9, which I do like. I've always wanted to play the Neptunia games, but with so many of them, and the bad reviews for the first game, I'm not exactly sure where to start. I've never actually got into top down ones, however.

Nice taste in platformers though! If you haven't heard, they're making a spiritual successor to the Banjo games, called Yooka Laylee. And the Yoshi game really does seem cute, I remember playing the one for N64 way back then. I guess that's another reason to invest in a Wii U, lol.

Thanks! Well RPGs aren't for everyone, haha. I've started many Final Fantasy games other than the ones listed above (like 10, 12 and 13) but I haven't finished any of those, either. xD I do plan on going back to 10 and 12 though.

10. Song

Song Active Member

Yeah I'm a backer of Yooka Laylee, I wanted to do my bit to get the 3D platformer back.
    I'm lucky to have all three, it's a perk of being an adult gamer that spent 5years saving most of their money. When I returned back to the UK I wanted to have them all (never had it before).

Daemon Wolf likes this.