1. AsherianCommand

AsherianCommand Active Member

A Writer of Sorts

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AsherianCommand, Mar 2, 2014.

Hey everyone my name is Asheriancommand/StormWarriors2, Or you could called me, Cameron. Or what ever your heart contends it to be.

But someone recommended me to this site to help me improve my writing skills, and get my story reviewed and editted so that one day I could release the novel one day.

I am currently enrolled in college and decided to write a novel of sorts for a fantasy world that I felt like needed to be talked about.

I have lots of writings, and there is one thing I cannot live without and that is writing for fun. I write short stories to little quotes. Some of them being from a well thought out dialogue, or anything that is bothering me at the time.

I have been writing the adventures of a man who is sent off by his king to fight and kill a bunch of bandits and etc. The main purpose of the entire novel was to show what power in the wrong hands does, it is also to show how important your country is to you, and other themes such as a rape, war, genocide, politics, love, falsification, and many more philosophical ideas. I plan on writing a novel about this and ever since this is where I can share brain storming ideas.

I was wondering if this sounded like a good idea?

I am currently brain storming ways to move the story along and of course I hit snags with the character being either over the top. (Thanks warhammer) Or I make it too close to a Tolkien/George R.R. Martin Slash fiction story.

(I.E. The main character becomes a god at the end of the story, hence the title The Newborn God. Then a sequel called the Bastard Descendant which deals with fighting the Newborn God.)

I will release my story soon!

2. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Hi Asher! welcome to the group.

3. AsherianCommand

DOUBLE POST

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  4. AsherianCommand

Thank you! Glad to be here!

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Are you using Scrivener? The extra spaces in your OP are something that happens with copy paste from Scrivener. Just wondering. I'm a Scrivener fan too. :)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey

6. AsherianCommand

Nah just hit post reply twice. :/

7. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Well, I meant the extra spaces in your initial post, not the accidental double post. But regardless, welcome! :D

8. AsherianCommand

Actually I like spacing out my statements it makes it readable and a lot easier for people to quote individually!