1. TuSlick

TuSlick New Member

Hi writers, got a couple questions for you

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TuSlick, Jun 25, 2015.

Hi all. Pretty much my main goal is to improve my writing, and I've been lurking for the last couple days and I like the fact that I've found a place where a lot of like-minded people gather.

If anyone's interested in a similar goal, I'm pretty open to talk all aspects of writing. Want to make the most of my time here. As they say, life's short, and you should do the things that please you. So message me, say hi, and hopefully we get to work together.

Does anyone have any tips on how best to do that? Would anyone like to? It seems a lot of folk on here are naturally helpful, and I'd like to think getting help and working together is as simple as asking.

My current writing goal is to write a couple short stories a week, and I have one contest I have my eye on. Anyways, thanks for the help in advance, and looking forward to responses.

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think most of us are here to learn and become better writers. Not sure what you are looking for in a one to one. If you have a question or a problem, just toss it out there. People will respond.

And as the official officiator of the short story contest, I officially welcome you to enter the contest. Current stories are being accepted for, "Into the Woods", and on Sunday (or shortly thereafter) there will be a new contest, "Afterlife".

And of course, please do vote for a story in the current contest! We need more voters. :D

TuSlick likes this.
  3. EmptySoul

EmptySoul Active Member

Hi, welcome, and similar social niceties.

TuSlick likes this.
  4. Hubardo

Hubardo Contributor Contributor

Hi TuSlick! What Ginger said. Short story contests have got me writing more than I was before, getting better, etc. Highly recommended...

TuSlick likes this.
  5. TuSlick

TuSlick New Member

Hi all, and thanks a bunch.

One question I do have is what's flash fiction? Is it something you don't edit? Don't plan? I'm definitely interested in those contests, and hope to enter soon.

6. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

No, they are just shorter than short stories, 150-450 words. Though someone entered a 13 word story in the current contest. People skip rule reading a bit too frequently.