1. Blackroses

Blackroses Banned

Salutations

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Blackroses, Nov 13, 2013.

Hello to all who have found this. I have been a member for a while but have never actually introduced myself so I thought now was as good a time as any.

One of the many things that bought me here was to improve as a writer, both through the information in the Forums and being able to share some of my work.

My favorite time to write at the moment is first thing in the morning when everyone else is still sleeping blissfully. That way when I do go off to work I am already happy with achieving something with my day.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Helena Depuis. aka Blackroses.

2. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Hi Blackroses - love the name btw! Welcome to the group. I'm a stay-up-late-at-night, write-in-bed gal.

3. Blackroses

Blackroses Banned

I like writing in bed when the wind is howling, and the rain pounding the windows, its all nice and snuggley (I don't think that is a word...) but I think I am most productive first thing.

4. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

but it sounds good - :)

5. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Hello there!

I too like to write in the morning, when the house is silent. But I like just as much to write in the evening/night since the house is silent then as well. :p

I hope you will (and already have) learn tons of things from us!

PS. It feels strange to welcome someone who has been around longer than myself...

Blackroses likes this.
  6. Blackroses

Blackroses Banned

Sorry Komposten as I said though I haven't been active... at all. Whenever the house is quiet it always a good time to write, my boyfriend works shifts so I have the house to myself at odd times, but always first thing in the morning, and routine is useful when writing I find.

7. Komposten

Routine is important indeed (at least for me), too bad I haven't got one. :)

8. Blackroses

Blackroses Banned

I find it helps, an aim of an outline, or 1000 words first thing is nice. Especially when you have completed it and are going into your day with something successul already under your belt. It also takes the pressure off in the evening.

9. Komposten

I've still to get to that day during which I write a thousand words in a single session... :(
    My current "high score" is 565 words.
    I will get there, in due time...

I definitely agree with you on the wonderful feeling of having written in the morning!
    I just need to get the time to do it (school at 08.10 in the morning every day but Thursdays)...

10. Blackroses

Blackroses Banned

My best was about 6ooo but that took about 5 hours...and there were a few distractions. It was the begining of Nano though so i needed the head start.