1. Carla Wynker

Carla Wynker Member

Hi :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Carla Wynker, Feb 4, 2014.

Hi,

I've been lurking around the forum for a long time, but I hadn't yet posted anything. I'm brand new to writing,lol. I'm french but I'm studying in England, so being part of a writing forum in English is a good thing for me. I'm a fantasy freak, lol. I LOVE fantasy, but I don't mind reading other genre. My favorite book so far is the song of ice and fire series by George R.R Martin.

See you,

2. yanlins

yanlins Member

Ooh that's a dark series. I had to put it down multiple times because urgh, it just got too intense.

Try Terry Prachett, his books are fine reading, its incidentally quite a fun fantasy too.

I used to write fantasy in the past, but now, meh, I kinda grew out of it I guess.

3. ShadowFane2019

ShadowFane2019 Member

Hello! It's nice to meet you! I'm pretty new here as well, so I look forward to seeing you around! :)

4. Carla Wynker

Carla Wynker Member

Thanks for welcoming me!

I'll definitely try to read some of Pratchett's work, it seems like so much fun. Have you read the lastest books of A song of fire and Ice, yanlins? If you didn't, I recommend them to you, they are dark and you definitely feel bad for the characters at times, but the books are very good, anyway.

5. yanlins

yanlins Member

I've read through the entire thing. I also find that the HBO series is quite good.

~Yan

6. Albirich

Albirich Active Member

Welcome to the board. We have favorite novel in common...George R R Martin 4 life :D