1. Gasper

Gasper New Member

Hi from London

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gasper, Sep 25, 2014.

Hi all,

Gasper here. I don't know if I'm in a similar position to many others out there, but since starting work last year I've found it hard to spend much time on things which give me real satisfaction, such as reading, writing and painting.

So one decisive evening and a few 30-minute writing challenges later, I find myself signing up to this forum! Lots of alone-time spent on planes and trains has allowed to me to flesh out several ideas for novels I want to write, but at the moment I'm taking small steps and trying to develop my skills. Plus I'm definitely looking forward to getting involved in the writing workshops here and seeing everyone else's stuff!

I did French and Russian at university - which is where I really discovered my love for reading - so if there's any big Sartre/Voltaire/Gogol/Chekhov fans out there give me a shout!

minstrel and jazzabel like this.
  2. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Welcome to the forum @Gasper, by the sounds of it, you'll fit right in :)

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum!
    Here's our New Member Guide to get you started. :)

Sounds like you're on the right track. Just ideas aren't enough, but you also need the skills to express them effectively. This forum is a good place for learning more about the craft of writing. :)

See you around!

-Kat

P.S. I also study French, but literature-wise I'm yet to get into anything else except bédé. :D Well, I do like Dumas and Verne. Can't say no to a great adventure!

4. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

Bonjour Monsieur!

you will find yourself among some good people here kind sir! as well as finding all the advice you could ever want/need, none of us are experts, but we can provide insights into our lives that may help you!
    also, you will find quite a few of us (myself included) who speak more than one language

Á Plus!

5. Gasper

Gasper New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome all - will keep an eye out for your stuff :)

6. Turniphead

Turniphead Member

Hi Gasper. I'm new to the forum and live in London. Best of luck with your writing. You read a lot of v good books, which will help with your writing. Just jump in and start a novel. I did that with a memoir that I've just finished. Keep at it.

Turniphead