Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickFisherman

NickFisherman New Member

I'm Nick Fisherman

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NickFisherman, Mar 20, 2015.

Hello. My real name is Tavis Highfill. I had an imaginary friend when I was a child named Nick Fisherman. As I grew up, I of course let go of him, but I did retain the name. For a time, I used that name as an alias online. When I started writing at age 13, I knew immediately that it would be my pseudonym.

I started out writing a few short stories and fake news articles. I started my first novel at age 15, and it took me over 12 years to complete. I'm currently trying to find a literary agent. They are not biting. One of them actually wrote back, however, and told me that I basically needed to already be famous before agents would accept. Silly me, I thought that's what an agent was for!

Anyway, aside from my several novels, I also enjoy writing television and film scripts. Almost all of them take place within the confines of a single canon. I have a website for my nanofiction (twitter account), microfiction, and flash fiction.Thanks for reading. I appreciate your support.

EDIT: I totally forgot that I've been a member since 2009, and technically already introduced myself. I am a completely different person, with different motivations, however, and I don't think it's unreasonable to have a second introduction thread. So, I'm choosing not to delete this. I'm actually going to participate this time.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Nick/Tavis, and welcome (back) to the forum. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start Guide to get you started. I had to edit your intro post a bit because we discourage members from using their posts to promote their own work. There's more info about that here.

Anyway, I hope you'll find a publisher eventually. Maybe our publishing room would be an interesting and useful place for you to explore at this point of your writing career. :)

Have fun!

-Kat

3. NickFisherman

NickFisherman New Member

I'm not going to post here if I can't, at least ONCE, promote my work. I can't find an agent to represent me because I'm a nobody right now. If you are going to limit me to posting random, pointless musings, then I am going to LEAVE. I'm looking for a job, I'm going back to school, I'm running a website. I don't have time for you people if you're going to be absolutely no help. Because, what other reason would I be here if not to garner support from my peers? Shooting the breeze? I was going to make regular posts, and probably not mention my site again. But you chose to ruin the entire purpose of me going to a forum and building a community. If you don't want me in your community then fine. You do not have me. Goodbye.

4. Swiveltaffy

Swiveltaffy Contributor Contributor

Later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.