1. Ares Desideratus

Ares Desideratus Member

Hey You... Hello Goodbye, And Good Morning

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ares Desideratus, Apr 8, 2015.

Hello there, folks! :)
    :D
    :p

This lovely web site happened to be the one that jumped out at me the most, so I decided to give it a try. My name is Anthony Susin, but you can call me Ares Desideratus (if you want). I love reading; the art of literature is something I've always been fascinated by, and the idea of being able to live in another time and place, using the power of words and imagination has always seemed incredible to me.

I'm sure you all feel similarly about reading and writing so I won't whinge on about it. Basically, I've practiced some minimal writing, although it's mostly just been me messing around at this point. And I really aspire to start writing real stories and have people read them.

I figured an online community of readers and writers would be a good place to find new, interesting things to read, as well as a good place to concoct crazy new ideas with other creative weirdos and potentially find an outlet for my own forthcoming works. (I have a few dozen not-quite-finished stories hiding in the far corners of this desktop which I am working on).

So, I hope to meet some cool people here, maybe even make a friend, read some crazy shit, and just see what happens.

Yeah.

2. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

3. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome, Ares!

First, take a moment to read through the New Member Guide if you haven't done so already. It will set you up with the forum's rules and general layout.
    Also, make sure to check out the forum's workshop (where users post their work for critique) and the writing contests. You'll find plenty of awesome things to read there.

Have fun!

4. Ares Desideratus

Ares Desideratus Member

Thanks guys. I already did read through the New Member Guide, but it was more of a skim, so I'll have to go back and re-read it anyway so I can get used to everything a bit easier.

Actually I never checked out the workshop yet but I definitely will soon. Probably some time today.

Thanks for the warm welcomes, anyway. Also +1 for Hunter S. Thompson