1. Vagrant Tale

Vagrant Tale Active Member

Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Vagrant Tale, Jul 2, 2016.

Hello everyone. I don't really have a lot to say here. I've always had a dream of writing stories and having other people enjoy them, yet I've never followed up on it. Recently Christopher Paolini visited my city, and I had all 4 of his books signed, which I now keep in a special box. When I met him...he was just a normal guy. It was powerful for me.

So I thought, "Hey, I'm a normal guy too. I can do that!" So here I am. I am at a period of my life where my normal routine has been shattered, and I'm deciding now how I will look when things are put back together, and working towards my dream of writing great stories is part of what I want to look like.

But before I go off typing everything and expecting people to read it...I'm going to simply respond to a ton of other things. Wrap my head around articles here, and become a student first.

Thanks for reading.

bonijean2 and obsidian_cicatrix like this.
  2. Brindy

Brindy Contributing Member Supporter

Hi, welcome. A life change can be a good time to focus on a dream and go for it. That way, in years to come, you can look back without the regret of what if, simply a satisfying, 'well, I tried it...'

Good luck and enjoy getting involved on here.

3. Cnayur

Cnayur Member

Hey there and welcome.
    I haven't been around here that long and I can say that this is a nice crowd of writers you've come upon. Enjoy your stay. Also, enjoy your time writing and learning and writing some more.

4. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

Cool name... I love that game. You've just tempted me into dragging out my Psx. (Another excuse for procrastination.) Ta for that! :D About the only thing this site can't help you with is getting off your butt and doing it.

Is this a completely fresh start for you, or have you dabbled before?

5. Vagrant Tale

Vagrant Tale Active Member

I'm sorry, what game are you talking about?

I've dabbled before, but making decent money let me do a LOT of distractions and excuses. So I suppose this is the first time I've ever taken it as seriously as I am now!

6. Carly Berg

Carly Berg Contributing Member

Welcome, Vagrant Tale.