1. Noble Pen

Noble Pen New Member

Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Noble Pen, Aug 20, 2016.

Hello,

I was browsing the Internet when I stumbled upon this community; what a great forum this is for writing enthusiasts!
    I love writing and reading; I read anything and everything - I'm a little obsessive, especially with user manuals. Out of the books I read, I prefer non-fiction; I love history thus a lot of books I read are of a historical viewpoint. I confess that I prefer the old fashioned way of writing - transmitting the written word by paper and the trusty Biro (the pen is mightier than the sword right?)
    I am itching to browse the library of threads, so I shall write one more sentence before my excitement explodes over the monitor. :bigtongue:

I am looking forward to being involved in many threads soon.

A man called Valance likes this.
  2. A man called Valance

A man called Valance Senior Member

Welcome Noble Pen. I wish you luck.

3. Noble Pen

Noble Pen New Member

Thank you.

4. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

Hello @Noble Pen and welcome.

Re. your love of history and books written with an eye over its landscape; will you be writing in that area too? And maybe a step away from non-fiction to part non-fiction? My history is flakey so I couldn't imagine taking up such an endeavour without committing to a whole bunch of research (my output's already slow enough) in order to semi-pass the authenticity exam. I ask because it was recently pointed out to me that Sir Francis Drake, of whom history seems to have been kind, was actually/apparently a bit of a bastard—I'm relaying this without googling but he supposedly had a load of women and children murdered on an island off Ireland (something to do with the siege of Carrick Fergus). For that it was suggested to me 'you like writing Seth, why don't you write from the view of one of those pre-murdered women' that'd make a good story'?

Is the above sort of thing your thing? I mean in general of course.