1. Moira

Moira New Member

Going through... The Change...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Moira, Mar 21, 2009.

Does anyone have poems, short stories, or any other form of literature they have written based upon the current state and changing state of our nation? I'd like to read it! I'm interested on seeing all of the different opinions and views we have going with our members, both positive as well as negative. :D

This is not a post promoting hate and anger, so DON'T DO IT. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :cool:

Thanks!

M.E.

2. Dalouise

Dalouise New Member

Which country is that, exactly? Members are all over the world! Can you be a little more specific, please? :confused:

3. Moira

Moira New Member

Lol. The United States. Sorry. Obama's major slogan is, "Change". I forgot what a diverse background we have here. My bad. But if you're from another country and have something written I'd still like to hear it. :D Everyone's opinion counts.

M.E.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

As with every thread dealing with controversial subjects, this one will be closely watched. As long as everyone remains respectful toward everyone else's beliefs, the thread may continue.

FAIR WARNING! In the past, we have simply closed the thread when it gets too heated. This time, whoever takes it to the point that requires it to be closed will also be subject to an infraction.

We have had a very poor track record with politics-based threads in the past, and this is why we will follow a zero-tolerance policy on this one.

So please keep the tone respectful at all times.

5. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

I'm not American, but some of Obama's policies I read about sound good to me. And I like the fact that he was honest about the Iraq situation. Also the economic guidelines he set might help the global economy as a whole. We can hope.

6. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

I'm just waiting it out. If he does good, then, great. If not, well. He only serves a four yr term.

7. Moira

Moira New Member

White, Blue, and Red,
    The matre's (sp) in our head,
    Freedom isn't free,
    Unless you're AIG.

Anonymous

I thought that was pretty funny given the current "breaking news" flashing all over out TV screens. Lol.

M.E.

8. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

Moira, I tink Obama is an interesting president. He comes at a time where our country is damaged and divided. He has his work cut out for him, but I have liked what I've seen so far. He had made some great strides toward repairing out international image (closed gitmo for one) and seems quite down to earth. He is damned if he does/ damned if he doesn't on the economy. I wish the new stimulus package had not passed, but I understand why he pushed for it.

Interesting time to be alive (not always a good thing)

9. Moira

Moira New Member

I agree. My husband is always telling me, "This ones for the history books." Lol.

10. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

For what it's worth, this is the first time in my life I've preferred the American president over Canada's prime minister. At least here, we likely won't have to wait four years to dump our pm.

11. Rykoshet

Rykoshet New Member

Things that are going badly:
    • Economy
    • Health Care
    • Education
    • Safety
    • Freedom
    • Foreign Police
    • Music and Literature
    • The War on Drugs
    • Drinking Age

Things that are going well:
    • Well, at least 52.92% of people realize Palin isn't fit to be a president.

12. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

lol..and a p.s to the above-By becoming the first black PResident of the US, Obama proved that yes, Human Rights are getting better.