1. Saralyn

Saralyn Member

Hiya, my name is Saralyn.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Saralyn, Jun 10, 2015.

My name is Saralyn and I'm from Kentucky,USA. I use Saralyn Lockheart as my pen name. Lockheart is a much lovelier last name than my current one. I've been a writer since I was an itty-bitty. It didn't hit me until I was older that writing is what I'm meant to do. Sometimes, I'll become so anxious that I have to write or it eats me up inside. I've went from writing about being born from a cherry, to fighting off evil giant animals and trucks, to writing a zombie novel. I've always had a thing for zombies since I was a kid. I find it fascinating humans aren't at the top of the food chain anymore.

I've had a love-hate relationship with my current novel over the last couple of years. I never had anyone to stand behind me and push me. Without praise, it makes you second guess yourself quite often. Then I started writing more for me and better material kept popping into my head. I'm proud of myself for coming this far, even if my grammar and punctuation isn't perfect. I went from someone who didn't do well on written assessments in high school to writing a book. I'm currently editing my book and finding ways to add more content. My characters are a part of me, so they leave me no choice but to write another book in the future. I can tell that I've grown as a writer when I compare my earlier work to what I do now.

Also, I'd like to share that I have a planning notebook that I call "Z". I write down all thoughts, plans, and character details in Z. Often my brain will give me fragments to work with. I'm hoping to find a place where I belong.

Sorry for the long intro. ;)

On another note- I love animals, anime and video-games. :rolleyes:

2. sprirj

sprirj Contributing Member

Welcome. Also a zombie fan, carry a notebook, and love animals. I'm sure you will fit in, and it sounds like you work a lot harder than I do at writing. Congratulations! :)

3. Reilley Turner

Reilley Turner Active Member

*noms on @Saralyn 's brain* :3

I like zombies too! Also, anime is awesome, as well as video games. :)

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi Saralyn, and welcome. :) Sounds like you'll fit right in!

Zombies are like pirates. Smelly and gross but at the same time kind of cool. :p
    Here's our New Member Guide to get you started. Have fun!

-Kat

5. Mordred85

Mordred85 Active Member

Zombies, anime, video-games. Awesome stuff. Welcome to the forum!

6. EmptySoul

EmptySoul Active Member

Hi, welcome, and bbbbrrrraaiiinnnnsnssssssssss