1. Adenay of the Island

Adenay of the Island New Member

Hey, Hi, Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Adenay of the Island, Apr 10, 2015.

Hi, I'm Adenay, and I really hate cooking. Thus, I turn to other hobbies, pastimes, passions—like writing.

More specifically, I'm trying to write a script for a comic. Because I also draw. Unfortunately, I'm a terribly inexperienced and clumsy writer! Oh, sure, I can twist a sentence to sound okay, but crafting a story and being eloquent are two entirely different things, I've found! It's my hope that joining this community will help drive me to improve and get my head in the game, as opposed to aimlessly wandering and hoping for answers to crop up from thin air.

Well! If you're here reading this, thanks for taking some time out of your life to welcome a silly kid like me! I appreciate you very much!

That's all. Thank you!

2. GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn Contributor Contributor

Greetings. Salutations. Welcome.

Hope you enjoy your stay. This place is pretty neat. Though be careful the grammar police are everywhere! lol.

I am no person to ask help on the technical side of writing but I am told I am okay at helping with basic plot concepts. :) Let me know if you ever need a helping hand.

Funny side note. I wanted my work to be a comic originally but I can't draw. lol Finding an artist is hard. So novel here I come! lol

Adenay of the Island likes this.
  3. Adenay of the Island

Woah hey, that was a fast reply! Hehe, I have a friend who's grammar crazy, so I'm used to it. Although I do like avoiding grammar when I can. This is the sum of my teenage rebellion. B)

Oh gosh, I wouldn't mind drawing for you, but like...I'm super swamped! Aaah! Maybe someday in the future. Thanks for being so friendly~ it's nice to get a warm welcome. :D

4. TheWingedFox

TheWingedFox Banned

Welcome! Graphic literature seems a little underplayed here so it's a pleasure to have you on board!
    :)

5. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi there, @Adenay of the Island, and welcome to the forum! Please check out our New Member Quick Start Guide - it has a link to the Rules and the FAQ and other stuff to get you going around here.

Several people around here are working on graphic novels, so I think you'll fit right in. Participate and have fun! :)

6. TheWingedFox

TheWingedFox Banned

Minstrel,do you know if graphic content can be entered on the forum?

7. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Well, it hasn't been allowed in the past (this is a writing forum, not a drawing forum), but our rules are always under review. I know there are other members working on graphic novels and the like, and we'll modify the rules to allow it if there's enough interest. I'll discuss it with the other moderators tomorrow and we'll see what happens. Okay? :)

8. TheWingedFox

TheWingedFox Banned

Yeah,you da squirrel!
    :)

minstrel likes this.
  9. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

10. Adenay of the Island

Oh, hi guys! Thanks for the welcome! It's cool to know that there are other people working on comics. I actually have a place to post my content already, but if graphic novels are ever allowed, that's great!

Thank you for the warm welcome, this seems like a pretty friendly community. ^^