1. Everkate

Everkate New Member

Lyric Forum

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Everkate, Jul 17, 2008.

It's empty. I am a vivid lyric writer and it kinda sucks that no one bothers commenting on mine or putting up their own lyrics. That part of the forum is very inactive. :(
    More people need to go there. =)

2. Harmire

Harmire New Member

Eh, I might as well check it out.

3. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

You have a point there. I've been irresponsible lately, I should get back to work over there. As far as the lack of writers in general is concerned, it's mainly because (as far as I notice) very few lyricists are there, and many of the reviewers are better set with poetry than the lyrics section. I'm afraid I don't have a solution, other than you review avidly and in turn hopefully someone will review your work. It is not very pleasant to see your song let down, but patience bores sweet fruit.

4. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

You're right. Don't worry, I'm on my way!

5. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Thank-you Kate, for mentioning this. The problem is that a lot of people simply do not know how to review song lyrics. I will make it my goal to take a look sometime over the next couple of days though and see if I can do anything. :)

Heather

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

sorry to say, kate, i've been a lyricist [former member of sga] and i mentor aspiring lyricists, but don't go there any more, just as i'm a full-time poet and mentor many aspiring poets, but no longer go to the poetry section, either... the reason is that when i used to do that, i found many people who write what they consider to be poetry and lyrics are so emotionally attached to their words that they don't take suggestions for improvement well, to put it mildly... the content's usually too personal to them...

so, i continue to help and mentor 'serious' would-be lyricists and poets privately, but no longer offer help for those two types of writing in public...

hopefully, your post will drum up more traffic to the lyrics site... and if you want any help on a one-on-one basis, feel free to drop me a line anytime... [didn't mean that as a pun, but it happened, anyway!]...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

So you'd not be averse to a verse, for better or worse?

(I NEVER apologize for puns!)