Tags:
  1. Smoke

Smoke New Member

Finding a plot-beta?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Smoke, Mar 2, 2011.

I'm getting bit jittery about a fan-fiction that I'm writing. It's not really a block, but it has the same earmarks of the procrastination that's mistaken for a block.

Earlier in the fic, I was aware that my Mary-Sue needed a sharp smack to keep her from living up to her reputation. After finding the right line to shut her up, a whole chunk went away, and it took me about two days to finish the major part of the ret-con.

If there is another case of major overhaul that I'm not seeing, I'd like to identify it before I add any more twists to the plot.

If anyone who can read open office documents wants to really tear into an estimated 28,000 word story, I can PM a link.

2. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

I don't have open office, but if you have a Word version of it or can copy-paste it into Word, shoot me a PM and let me know. You could email it to me.

The issue is, I have a deadline every few days so I really am never going to have time to handle 28,000 words all at once. If you send me maybe 2,000-3,000 in chunks, though, I could do it no problem.

3. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

You can use OpenOffice to save it into .doc - just use Save As and use the afte save as type to find Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP.doc it is about five down or use the file menu to change it to PDF.

4. Smoke

Smoke New Member

Edit: I can't get a file that's small enough to attach, so I put it here. The download link is to the upper right.

I know the "chunks" are short, but one of my final steps is to make each update average about 1,500 words.

The source for this fan work is a bit complicated. I can answer most questions in terms of what's in canon as they come up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWty8BsL_g0 is the part that's interrupted in the game.

I know that my OC is irredeemably a Mary-Sue, but I'm trying to down-play her into an object and having to earn a greater role.