1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Android XL64 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Keitsumah, May 29, 2013.

Hey guys! Hope you'll enjoy this role play as it will involve being in a younger perspective than most, and it involves several sever issues in today's society, so maybe this might end up doing our world some good! :D

Current Chars:

Name: Dawn Faren (Player is Exzalia)
    Number: DF13
    Appearance: Identical Twin, bright red hair, tanned skinPersonality: Dawn is a prankster who makes light of any situation with bad jokes, woopy cushions, and outragous behavior. His favorite prank is dressing up like his sister just to fool people, although different genders they are still twins and with little effort either of them can look like the other. Fun, playful, naughty and curious Dawn can usually brighten up any situation, or anger any person equally well.
    History: Dawn and his sister have never left eachother's side. Twila is constantly getting Dawn out of trouble, and Dawn is constantly getting her into trouble, and yet there is a bond between them that has been there since birth.
    Skill: (Thieving/Mechanics) Thieving

Name: Twila (Meaning Dusk) Faren (Player is Love to Write)
    Number: DF12
    Appearance: Identical Twin of Dawn, bright red hair, tanned skin Personality: Twila is serious and is rarely seen smiling. If Dawn sees the glass half-full, then she is the one who see's it nearly empty. Thanks to her brother's antics she has alot of patience. Despite him being overwhelmingly annoying sometimes, she'd do anything for him; even die. Though only 14, Twila often acts like an adult, having taken on the role of mother to Dawn and some of the youngest orphans. Her main goal is her's and her brother's survival, at all cost. And if possible,a reunion with their parents; though she knows it is highly unlikely.
    History: Twila and her brother have never left eachother's side for more than a few hours. Twila is constantly getting Dawn out of trouble, and Dawn is constantly getting her into trouble, and yet there is a bond between them that has been there since birth.
    Skill: (Thieving/Mechanics) Mechanic

Name: Evan Trotterlay (Player is Macaberz)
    Number: MC42
    Appearance: Evan is on the small side for his age. He has full, dark brown hair that sticks out in several directions, his eyes are a blue-gray. Two flap-ears are always listening to the outside world. He is dressed in a plain shirt with, a vale red sweater with a hoodie and a ragged, brown jacket on top. He wears an amulet around his neck, though it's actually a coin with a hole in it, ringed onto an old shoelace, yet he values it greatly. He wears standard-issue three-quarter trousers and slighlty oversized, plain, sneakers. His biggest asset is his wide, bright smile. Personality: In spite of the horrendous circumstances, Evan tends to smile, taking joy in small, peculiar things and always listening intensely to the world around him, fascinated by sound. He isn't enraged easily and doesn't do anything considered illegal, he is quite submissive and even meek at times. He is quick to feel sorry for others and highly empathetic, this causes him to put trust into many people, even in people that he shouldn't. His optimism is his greatest strong and weak point, he could easily be manipulated through it. Evan strongly desires to be reunited with his parents and feels uncanningly certain that they are still out there, waiting for him.
    History: Evan can't recall much from when he was little, he can only remember a man and a woman, bending over him, smiling. That and the restless hammering and pounding of industry. The memory of what he believes to be his parents keeps him on his feet, driving his every action.
    Skill: Thieving.
    Other: Evan's fascination with sound has rendered him a bit of an outcast. He can enjoy the whistling of the wind, the rustling of the sand, even the sounds of industry is like music to his ears.

2. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

@Keit- 2 character sheets coming at you!

3. Keitsumah

nice! omg i got scared silly yesterday -we had a TORNADO warning and had to take cover in the basement! :eek:

4. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Glad, you're okay.

5. Keitsumah

I decided to post up the char I will be using so you guys cans see who you are going to end up with:

Name: Mikey (Real name is Michelle Carter)
    Number: XL64
    Appearance: She is of average height and lean in build due to her hard life surviving in the desert. With short black hair that only reaches her shoulders, she wears a red bandanna with white polka-dots to keep it from going into her face, as well as a black leather jacket, a grey tank-top, and battered jeans and steel-toed tennis shoes. She also wears black gloves with the fingers cut off.
    Personality: Serious but kind. She will tolerate anything by young kids but expects that the older ones be responsible for all of their safety. They cannot afford to have their hide-out found by the Scrappers. She is also fiercely protective of everyone in Sanctuary.

History: Left in the Sector Three orphanage, Mikey was never much of a talker, and she avoided the other kids other than when conflict broke out -and she always managed to come out on top after breaking them up. It was a waste of energy to fight each other, she would say, and then she would go back to her bunk.

But one night, she met a young boy her age named Kyle. He brought forth the idea to escape from the orphanage -something that had never been done. What use was it to escape out into the desert when there was nothing out there but death? But when Kyle revealed a tiny seed that he had kept safe in his pocket -the last tree in existence- she realized just why they must escape, and agreed. They worked together to build a vehicle that could travel faster than the Scrappers -a hover bike. Then, three days after they managed to get into position, they broke out and escaped without a trace. No one knew where they had gone, or why. But a note had been left for the kids in the orphanage, that she would one day come back and break them out.

Just a year ago, though, Kyle was captured in a raid on the Heaps to gather more metal and food. Mikey returned to the others they had broken out, battered and broken-hearted, and still grieves for him to today; though she hides it. Now, she swears that she will never let anyone be captured again -even if it costs her her life.

Skill: Mechanic
    Other: She has an uncanny knack to create anything out of even the worst materials.

6. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

EXZALIA'S CS

Name Dawn Faren

Number: DF13

Appearance: Identical Twin, bright red hair, tanned skin

Personality: Dawn is a prankster who makes light of any situation with bad jokes, woopy cushions, and outragous behavior. His favorite prank is dressing up like his sister just to fool people, although different genders they are still twins and with little effort either of them can look like the other. Fun, playful, naughty and curious Dawn can usually brighten up any situation, or anger any person equally well.

History: Dawn and his sister have never left eachother's side. Twila is constantly getting Dawn out of trouble, and Dawn is constantly getting her into trouble, and yet there is a bond between them that has been there since birth.

Skill: (Thieving/Mechanics) Thieving

7. Keitsumah

thanks. Comign from California and living in Tornado alley... i think i prefer the earthquakes.

8. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Lol. Well either way, I hope for your safety.

9. Love to Write

Name: Twila (Meaning Dusk) Faren

Number: DF12

Appearance: Identical Twin of Dawn, bright red hair, tanned skin

Personality: Twila is serious and is rarely seen smiling. If Dawn sees the glass half-full, then she is the one who see's it nearly empty. Thanks to her brother's antics she has alot of patience. Despite him being overwhelmingly annoying sometimes, she'd do anything for him; even die.
    Though only 14, Twila often acts like an adult, having taken on the role of mother to Dawn and some of the youngest orphans. Her main goal is her's and her brother's survival, at all cost. And if possible,a reunion with their parents; though she knows it is highly unlikely.

History: Twila and her brother have never left eachother's side for more than a few hours. Twila is constantly getting Dawn out of trouble, and Dawn is constantly getting her into trouble, and yet there is a bond between them that has been there since birth.

Skill: (Thieving/Mechanics) Mechanic

10. Love to Write

So, when can we start posting?

11. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Name: Evan Trotterlay
    Number: MC42
    Appearance: Evan is on the small side for his age. He has full, dark brown hair that sticks out in several directions, his eyes are a blue-gray. Two flap-ears are always listening to the outside world. He is dressed in a plain shirt with, a vale red sweater with a hoodie and a ragged, brown jacket on top. He wears an amulet around his neck, though it's actually a coin with a hole in it, ringed onto an old shoelace, yet he values it greatly. He wears standard-issue three-quarter trousers and slighlty oversized, plain, sneakers. His biggest asset is his wide, bright smile.
    Personality: In spite of the horrendous circumstances, Evan tends to smile, taking joy in small, peculiar things and always listening intensely to the world around him, fascinated by sound. He isn't enraged easily and doesn't do anything considered illegal, he is quite submissive and even meek at times. He is quick to feel sorry for others and highly empathetic, this causes him to put trust into many people, even in people that he shouldn't. His optimism is his greatest strong and weak point, he could easily be manipulated through it. Evan strongly desires to be reunited with his parents and feels uncanningly certain that they are still out there, waiting for him.
    History: Evan can't recall much from when he was little, he can only remember a man and a woman, bending over him, smiling. That and the restless hammering and pounding of industry. The memory of what he believes to be his parents keeps him on his feet, driving his every action.
    Skill: Thieving.
    Other: Evan's fascination with sound has rendered him a bit of an outcast. He can enjoy the whistling of the wind, the rustling of the sand, even the sounds of industry is like music to his ears.

12. Keitsumah

ill put up the first post.

13. Love to Write

@Mac, is character in the mill with the adults or at the orphanage?

14. Macaberz

Evan is in the orphanage. I might've misunderstood but I thought the orphanage was the same building as the factory. In my first post Evan was walking these wheels (there is a word for it, but I couldn't find it). In my PM he has done doing that and is about to head to bed when he sees your char.

15. Love to Write

In Keit's explanation of the story she said the kids don't start working in the factory till they're 18. I'm pretty sure the orphanage is separate but I'm not 100% certain.

16. Macaberz

*(facepalm*

RIGHT.

Well, they are taken to the city at eighteen, but I imagine that they won't have everyone just hang around all day. This story seems to be inspired by the industrial revolution and loads of children worked during that time, even at the age of four or five. I am just going to go that they do some minor, perhaps even pointless work. Maybe its just the boys that have to do physically exhausting work, to filter out the weak ones. The girls might have to do other pointless, monotonous tasks like scrubbing the floor.

I don't know, I hope you are okay with this Keit. It's just a thought really. If you really aren't, we can just pretend that never happened and that Evan is just strutting about.

17. Keitsumah

its fine. just say that there's two sections -factory and sleeping quarters.

18. Keitsumah

19. Keitsumah

Finally found something that looks like Android XL64! He's red and has "eyes" on the front but this looks almost like his "travel" form:

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Hover-Bike-21112662

Also Ex, LtW you guys probably should make a co-op post in reaction to what Mac and me are going to post. That way everyone is accounted for. I'll wait, cuz we also may have Mr MR on this.

20. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

I'm mostly caught up on the thread and working on a character concept now.