1. RogerDodge

RogerDodge Member

Home printing what paper

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RogerDodge, Mar 8, 2015.

I have done a few chapters on my first book and feel it maybe time to run of a hard copy.
    I have a Epson ink jet printer but did not know what would be a nice paper to buy, I have a folder with lots of see through sheet holders A4 size so will use this.
    I will add, this will mainly be for my eyes only but as its my first attempt may as well push the boat out a bit.
    Reg

2. stevesh

stevesh Banned Contributor

For drafts, I buy the cheapest paper I can find. Right now, that's $3.72 for 500 sheets.

3. aguywhotypes

aguywhotypes Active Member

When I use my old typewriter. I like to get the 24 lb. paper. It's a step up from the standard 20 lb. weight. It feels good to the touch.

But, what feels good to me may not feel good to you so take this with a grain of salt chopped in half.

4. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Staff Supporter Contributor

I have an HP Laserjet Pro 400 color printer/copier/scanner/fax thingy as well as an HP Laserjet 100 MFP. (It's not that I'm rich and I like to spend money on printers, it's just that my roomie and I run our business from home and we need these things as office equipment.)

In both machines, I use ordinary Staples brand 20 lb paper, 92 brightness. Works fine for everything I need (unless I'm printing labels or some such). I have found it very useful to have a supply of 3-hole punched paper, the same kind. If I'm printing anything lengthy (more than about thirty pages), I put it in softcover binders, and using the 3-hole saves me a lot of time punching holes by hand.

5. aguywhotypes

aguywhotypes Active Member

I need to get out from under the rock! I had no idea you could get pre-punched 3-hole paper! Wow the time I spent putting holes in paper, OY!

minstrel likes this.
  6. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Staff Supporter Contributor

Any decent office-supply store should stock it. Saves time and effort! :)