1. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

worst dream ever

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by wordwizard, Feb 13, 2007.

So I once had this dream and it was the most real dream I have ever had. So i was sleeping and all of a sudden I was slowly being dragged across the bed. The covers were off of me and tantillizingly slow I was being pulled off the bed. I could not move! I couldnt scream. I got pulled over my husband and could do nothing about it. For some reason I just automatically though an alien is dragging me out of this room. If it pulls me out of this room. I am never coming back. I was trying to make sounds so hard that air was coming out but not sounds. I finally was on the ground. just kind of floated down to it. and i could feel the carpet scratching my face as i am drug along it. I had no idea what was dragging me because i couldnt move to look and i felt no hands on me. Finally just before reaching the door i scream hard enough to make the tiniest noise and BAM i wake up. jolted straight up and gasping for air. Never ever happened to me before it was insane!!!!!!!!!!!! anybody experience any crazy dreams like that??? kind of sems like something to write about haah

2. E-bow

E-bow Banned

Hehe, thats weird. Once when I was younger I had the same recurring dream. I saw myself in a corner of a dark red room, but I saw myself through the eys of whatever it was coming for me, so I have no idea what it looked like. Just as it was about to get me everytime I woke up scared to death. I could go to therapy to find out what it meant, but I seriously don't care.

3. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

When I was five, I had a dream that me and my friends were running down a street being chased by a family of angry Jigglypuffs (If you are familiar with the pokemon craze going on when I was five, this makes sense, but if you aren't, suffice it to say it was like being attacked by a bunch of pink puffballs) who were pissed at us because we had stolen one of their family members. They were all wearing leather jackets and carrying switchblades.
    So we get to my house, and I run into my garage, hop into my mom's mini-van, and start it while my friends tie the Jigglypuff to the bike rack on top. Then we pull out burning rubber and begin to drive away from the pink blobs until I realize that- surprise, surprise- I am a five-year-old, and thus can not drive. Since our street slants downhill, we scream as we descend, and just as we are about to crash into the house of the strange old lady who lives on the bottom of the street, I wake up.

....yeah.

4. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

dreams are nuts. Fun to see what wierd things other people dream up though

5. ItalianStallion

ItalianStallion New Member

I have had a recurring dream that I'm just free falling ..... I dont know where or why but I always have that feeling in my stomache like going down a rollercoaster..... It wasn't like I fell out of a plane or anything I would just free fall..... and every time right before I was about to hit the ground I would wake up having that feeling in my stomache and sweating..... I never have made it to the end yet??

6. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Well I don't know, have you? COUGHCOUGHLEARNGRAMMARCOUGH

But yeah, I've had like a bajillion falling dreams. I've fallen off of planes, cliffs, ski lifts, skyscrapers, blimps, cars, the top of a tornado (Don't ask), down huge stairwells, off of balconies, etc., etc. Never once hit the bottom. Strangely proud of that.

7. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Well, I have had weird dreams... (hmm... duh...) One that I had was about the time my family and I was going to Peacful Bay which is about an hour drive from my town... and anyway, I dreamt that when we got there it was all dark and there were no lights, just the moon. Even the water was dark as anything. When I woke up I had the intense feeling that I had to by a torch. Not a choice, I just had to. My mum told me I was being stupid but when we finally got to Peacful Bay, there was a black out and my torch was the only one we had and we had to use it to find the other torches..... :D creepy huh?
    I have also had dreams that there was a bad storm coming and I was running to safety outside when a tornado came and lifted me up. I woke up crapping myself! (And Tornados are pretty rare in this little corner of Australia)

8. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    I'm a lucid dreamer, so usually I'll just sit back and enjoy the dream until it gets too stupid or weird and I wake myself up. It's kind of interesting watching yourself being gutted like a fish, and not feeling anything.

But I did have a night terror a few years ago. It was a really nasty dream of something like a new age holocaust, factories turned into torture chambers, and the like. Woke up and the only thing that kept me from screaming and jumping was the thought that if I moved they'd get me. It took me half an hour before I had the courage to turn on the light, and I didn't sleep again that night.

9. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I hate those types of dreams.

10. Isis

Isis New Member

My dreams haven't been too terrifying since I was a little kid, but I have this annoying and unsettling recurring dream now - in it I'm always losing my teeth in some form or another. One gets loose, I jiggle it by accident with my tongue and it gets looser and I realize I'm too old to loose any more teeth and so I try and push it back into place and stick it in my gums. And then more get loose until my whole mouth is rolling with loose teeth.
    ugh.

11. E-bow

E-bow Banned

Well Isis I always knew you were crazy. Halle Berry also had that same dream. Psychologists say its a fear of getting older. Go to wikipedia or something to learn more. It stems from losing our teeth as children, and realising we aren't babies anymore, and things must change.

~E-bow

12. Isis

Isis New Member

I've looked it up before, actually - turns out it's a fairly common dream for people to have - but most of the interpretations said anxiety, and not about what. So that's probably the best one I've heard. [thanks!]
    Ok, that's trouble.

13. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

Ya i have had the teeth dream and i think its not about getting older but more about the "change" part

but ya most horrifying dream to loose your teeth-kind of funny when you wake up though and know what you would look like as a hillbilly

14. Misstikal

Misstikal Banned

When i was a kid i used to have a recurring dream that men from the timber mill were chasing me around my home town, trying to catch me and cut me up, so im running around nocking on my friends and families doors, but none of them know who i am! they all keep telling me they dont know me and to please go away, in the end the men would catch me and put me on a belt that takes me down to the big round saw that cuts logs in half, and just as the saw made ot to in between my legs..i would wake up screaming and sweating!!! i hade that dream all the time

not cool

havnt had it for years now though, well you wait now that i have spoken of it, it will come back to haunt me tonight!

misstikal

15. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    Well a disturbing dream I had was I was put into a front loader washing machine and it was full of disposable nappies that were used. I was being killed by them it was horrific.
    Scarily enough though that same day I actually put a disposable nappy in my parents front loader and yeah it was not a pretty sight at all, the hours I spent cleaning it out lol.....

Ariella

16. ItalianStallion

ItalianStallion New Member

I had a dream my mom died and I killed her......I woke up and ran to her room...I was cryin and I was still asleep and I was yellin I'm sorry mom I'm sorry......That really made me think Why did I have that dream?

17. Lain Blackchurch

Lain Blackchurch New Member

When I was around 10, I had a dream that I was in a dark, soft room that smelled terrible. In the middle of the room there was a naked woman, grown fully, with a bald baby-doll head on her shoulders. She was petting a humongous spider in her lap. I began to walk over to her and suddenly, a door opened beneath my feet and I fell into a huge pit of hydrochloric acid and pepsin A.K.A. stomach acids that are inside of you to break down your food... and then I woke up... <<;; I still want to be a gastroenterologist... XDD But that was the scariest nightmare I've ever had...

18. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

sounds painful. Have you ever had a dream where you have actually felt the pain. I hate that. I also hate the slo-mo run or not being able to scream......heebie geebie

19. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Feeling pain in dreams is terrible. I've had a few dreams where I can't breathe and feel a pain on my solar plexus. When I woke up I found I was pressing my hands into my solar plexus as hard as I could, almost like I was trying to kill myself. Not pleasant.
    The slow motion and not being able to say anything sucks to. Especially when they're combined and you try to fight in your dream,

20. Myst

Myst Active Member

Lol.

I once had a dream where I was being chased by some guy in loose clothes and you couldn't see his body, just a hollow darkness filling those clothes. It was in a hotel room with yellowish lights and I ran first to my mother, in which she was killed, and then my father, which died too, and then I tried to attack him but he injured me. I ran to the furthermost corner of the room (I was trapped) and began using a table as a shield while the guy looked at me from the entrance. He raised his weapon (can't remember what, maybe a knife) that was bloodied, and started moving towards me. I woke up then.

Another dream was when something absurd was happening; I forgot the details to what exactly it was. Anyway, I knew that I was dreaming and thought, "okay, time to pinch myself" and I did so in the dream, but didn't feel anything, so I was left there knowing I was dreaming yet not being able to escape it.

Another time was when I dreamt of waking up, and I looked around the room and even though it seemed perfectly fine something felt....wrong, and then I woke up for real.

One of the weirdest "dreams" I have ever had was when I woke up in the middle of the night (and even though I had closed the door) my cat came running in chasing cockroaches, both parties strangely illuminated. As I got out of my bed I felt the coldness of the room, and It was much more real than any dream I have ever had. I ran towards the cat but it ran out again. The next morning I asked around but turns out my house didn't have any cockroaches at all, and the cat had been missing for a day.

21. Piotrek

Piotrek New Member

I never like scary dreams, and especially since mine turn out to be very odd and strange, but a mystery.

I do not recall knowing a full story of a dream of mine, but I do know for a fact I can give the main aspect of the dream.

One of them was where my house was surrounded by bulldozers, and no place to go except to stay in my house. The scary part of it was that if you go outside, a bulldozer will run you over. Still I am not familiar if I stated the scary part of it.

Other dreams lead to death and I always wake up before the death scene. Never enjoy those, because since I am controlling my dreams, I never know which path to go to get my ticket out.

In all, I enjoy dreams. Scary or not. I write from all my dreams. :cool:

22. Handguns For Hearts

Handguns For Hearts New Member

Um, I had a dream I was a prostitute.

And I can't tell you what kind. O_O

23. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

HAHAHAHAH awesome. I once had a dream I killed someone and someone else found out so I had to kill them too. I felt pure panick

24. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

my worst dream is this;

there are three men in a line. the first two are really fir blokes like body builders, lifting these huge rocks with their baby fingers. then there is this little stick man at the end proper struggling to keep a little rock held above his head. all of a sudden his arms buckle and the boulder goes SPLAT!! then i wake up, but i think it is really scary and i have that dreamm ALL the time.
    lol,
    Heather

25. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I once dreamed that I was a reporter somewhere in South East Asia. I was reporting a story about this gigantic bulldozer. It was so huge that the scoop on the front of the bulldozer almost blotted out the sky. The story I was reporting was that the bulldozer was plowing down all the countries in SE Asia.

Crazy, I know.

There was a tiny little wrinkled brown man who kept chasing me with a machete through the dream. I knew in my dream that he thought I was the driver of the bulldozer and he was after me to try and stop me.