1. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Obsessions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Crazy Ivan, May 8, 2007.

Has anyone ever had any particular obsessions? It can range from things like a cowboy or princess phase when you were a young tot, to a band you just, like, OHMIGOD DIED FOR when you were a teenager (Know what I mean?) to a movie or book series you love right now.

My current thing that I just can't get over is the fantastic movie musical, Moulin Rouge. Everything about it is just so perfect- the cinematography, the music, the arrangements, the dancing, the acting, the music, Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman, the plot, the humor, the tragedy, the music, the finale, the music-

Yeah, I can't get over it. And thanks to the magic of YouTube, I can watch the scenes over and over again. (Hurrah for the innernats!)

What are phases or obsessions you've been through? Anything you still really love?

2. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    I tend to go through phases of obsessiveness. A few months, or weeks, of not being able to think of anything else and then getting sick and tired of the entire thing.
    (Moulin Rouge had about 2 weeks of constantly playing in the background)
    So I've had obsessions ranging from animals (one of my very first), insanity (reading psychology books, not personal experience), current political news, war, various aspects of history, role playing (specifically Rifts, with a bit of NWOD), zombies (actually got me started writing), and a few other things.
    I don't have them all at the same time, like I said they tend to come and go. So I know tons of trivia, with very little useful info.

3. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

I get obsessed with songs. I cant think of one right now(but believe me there have been many) where I play them over and over untill I get so sick of it that I can never listen to it again. I also went through a phase where I wanted to eat nothing but wonton soup. I wasnt even pregnant either. It is just so good lol

4. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

I was obsessed with a band called The Rasmus for a couple of years. I even joined the International Rasmus Forum. I'd never join a band forum again though... I got over them around the time of their newest album, after going to see them live for a third time.

I'm obsessed with sheep currently. I have been for a while. I love cuddly sheep and I want a real sheep one day. xD

5. Raven

Raven Banned

Im obsessed with my army career at the moment.

6. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I was obsessed with buying clothing all the time, but it had to be different than everyone else as I was obsessed with looking like an individual lol

I still have the clothing obsession and now it has become bags and shoes also.....and yes I still make sure that I look like an individual, everyone around this area goes with the whole seasonal fashion thing and me, I don't like being a lemming so I choose my own style lol

~Torana

7. .PeanutButter

.PeanutButter New Member

Well, the word obsessed is a little strong for what I'm feeling. I love to daydream about it: The movie Eragon. I'm a sucker for fantasy like that. Harry Potter, Eragon...except, I don't like Lord of the Rings...never have..and probably never will.

Like most people I do go through phases. I know a couple of years ago I was into knitting, then last June I started to get obsessed with my computer, which I am still. And a few weeks ago I went through a HUGE writing phase. My mom bought Mozart music for me and everything...but I do actually enjoy Mozart and I listen to it when I go to bed.

Eragon is my current obsession..I suppose you could call it that. I 'daydream' about it. I've created my own character and insert it into the plot and see how it changes, etc. I kind of narrate it in my head the entire time. I come up with different situations for the characters and that's how I started my invention of Miracle Children (see the post in the novels). I've watched the movie almost every single day. I finally got a TV in my room (a mini one...and it's about *thinks* nine years old?) and I hooked the DVD player up to it and so I watch Eragon every single day. My favorite part is when Eragon is coming home from hunting and he and Roran kind of play around in the barn. I watched it with the commentary (the director) and he said that Ed Speelers (Eragon) actually got poked in the eye once when they were shooting that scene, so he had a puffy eye for a while.

I'm always reading fantasy books. I have a few more long lasting obsessions like: reading, writing, observing, getting on the computer..etc. Don't forget about listening to music!!

8. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

I can remember when they got really big over here for a while after they released in the shadows here... then after about 3 weeks no one even remembers who they are :O

I don't really have a decent obsession at the moment but I have had them... I get obsessions with watching movies over and over again... and songs, definitely songs.

I wouldn't call it an obsession but the thing i'm most focussed on probably my revision for my exams.

9. phAntAsmAgoriA

phAntAsmAgoriA New Member

When I was in middle school I had an obsession with Subway cookies and Cocoa Puffs (my mom didn't let me eat Cocoa Puffs until the age of 13...she didn't like the sugar). Then, in my sophomore year, I had a mean addiction to Dr. Pepper (my mother also didn't allow us to drink a lot of soda...). This year I haven't been able to quit watching Scrubs (I just discovered T.V. recently. We don't have it at my house, but I've been watching things at my boyfriend's house and on my computer over the past 10 months or so and I can't stop). I know this post makes me sound fat and lazy. I'm really not:p

10. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

In the darknes?!

I love that song, heard of that one?

My obsession at the moment, is mainly Acting.
    I'm determined

11. phAntAsmAgoriA

phAntAsmAgoriA New Member

Does anyone remember the game "Sheep?" It was from the late 90s or early 2000s...not sure which. It was a pretty fun game.

...sorry. That last quote just reminded me of the game.

12. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

nope never heard of the game sheep.

13. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

This town? Fashion? You actually joined that into a sentance????

This town has hardly any fashion.... unless you count the european backpackers walking around Coles with their undies over their pants because it was fashionable???

Me, I tend to stick to baggy stuff. I rarely look like a girl. I wear men's clothes cause A; cheaper and b; comfier. And then there is C; becuase most clothes in my size is all in flowery flannellette material crap with vertical stripes. Not gonna happen!

I think I might actually wear my rossie boots with my wedding dress. :D

14. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I also had an obsession with Hanson. The main reason being was that I was in year eight and it was my first CD.

Now I love Incubus and I have, though not as strong now, an obession with Buffy the vampire slayer and Angel......

15. Torana

Come on DB haven't you noticed everyone walking around town trying to look like they have just gone on a tea or lunch break from a city desk job lol

16. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Lmao. Yeah, like this town is so important.. hmm, does it sound like I don't care today? possibly because I don't!

Oh, and if a certain Pub manager is right, someone from our hunkydory backwater (it's not really, I'm just being cranky) will be entering the BIG BROTHER house in 2 wks as an intruder. Probably important.

17. Still Life

Still Life Active Member

dropbear, we're allowed to double post on this forum?

As for clothes obsession: Had it. I shop at vintage stores a lot (lol, I know, like 40 bucks for a pair of jeans someone already wore, but hey), mostly Japanese vintage shops. I can't find anything my size in malls, unless I get it tailored or from expensive shops online.

I'm planning a trip to Tokyo mostly because of the fashion shops, although one of the reasons is also for the underground bookshops.

18. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Coolies. I don't know about double posting. But hey, If it's not allowed, let me know And I will stop double posting. (I've done it once or twice!) I was also obsessed with teenage mutant ninja turtles.

19. Torana

At the moment I have an obsession with buying jackets....mainly due to the fact that I only own eight of them so a few more wouldn't hurt lol

I would love to go to Tokyo to go clothing shopping although I would end up buying way too much clothing and no where to put it.....lol

20. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Yeah, you'd need a cargo ship to haull it all back. I would also need one to haul back all the manga I would have to get for a friend of mine!!! or the electronics.... ah heck, I'm bying a whole fleet of them!

21. Corleone

Corleone New Member

I'm obsessed with Al Pacino atm.
    Before it was Bobby DeNiro. I have a whole load'a posters on my wall, Next to mmy Green Day ones (from a previous obsession) :D

22. coral reef

coral reef Banned

i was obsessed with marbles..........

23. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Yeah, I was too, maybe not as much as other kids when I was younger!

I am obsessed with this forum.... :D

24. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

If you go on a double posting spree and further, triple posting, etc. you might get a warnn, but now and then is totally accpetable

25. Jack The Ripper

Jack The Ripper Banned

At the moment I have an uncanny obsession with History old londoninparticuar the mythes and stories and of course my fave jack The Ripper. hence my user name
    And my name well i was christened Jack.

Yer Old Pal Jacky​