1. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

Beauty and the Beast

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by crimsonrose, Apr 14, 2009.

I'm doing a Beauty and the Beast remake. The beast is a werewolf, and at this point in the story (it is almost finished) my Beauty, Celine, knows about this. The servants of the castle were invisible up until this point. Celine has also just discovered that her father would sooner disown her than ever give up his riches, and views her only as a pretty possession instead of the loyal daughter that she is.

The Beast, Zuriel, and Celine have just returned from Celine's father's house, where Zuriel dared her father to give up his riches in order to win Celine back. Her father refused, and now Celine and Zuriel have jsut returned to his castle.

The story will end with Celine and Zuriel marrying, of course. But I am not quite sure where to go from here. Zuriel could propose, but given the drama they just now went through, this seems too soon, and I doubt Celine would accept well in her current emotional state. She had no idea how much of an ass her father was, and she is distraught, and trying to adjust to finally being able to see the invisible servants.

Any ideas? Throw anything out there. I just need some sort of inspiration.

2. I-pie3

I-pie3 New Member

Maybe Zuriel could propose, but Celine denies him of marriage. He thens leaves the castle and treks off for a while. Then, realising her mistake, she prays for his return, and then he does and she accepts him. Or something like that.....

3. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

My suggestion is a little clichéd, but that's up to you:

Have her meet someone in a town or something and strike a conversation. They could develop further into friends, and later in as her relationship with Zuriel grows, so does the one with her new friend. They both come to a climax with Zuriel proposing to her, and it all seems well, but then something between the two of them happens that throws the idea of marriage right off the table, like Zuriel getting jealous over her male friend or something. Celine goes to her friend for consoling, and they end up with a relationship encounter. This pushes Celine to a brink where she is to choose one or the other, and naturally, she goes for her new friend turned potential-lover.
    Somewhere, after this, she learns that her father had actually hired this man to fall for his daughter, so she would marry wealthy and he could keep his fortune and always keep her in sight. This would thrust her into rebellion and going back to Zuriel, where the bond could be fixed and marriage done in the end.

4. I-pie3

I-pie3 New Member

Yeah thats way better than mine!!!

5. x_raichelle_x

x_raichelle_x New Member

Wow that sounds like the kinda story I'd read :) Ummm if its at the end of the story I don't think you'll want something too complicated. Perhaps just a diary entry from Celine saying something about her finally finding happiness, or her imagining an engagement ring on her finger one day?

As always, just my ideas & thoughts :) xxx

6. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

-blush- Thanks. I got a little into the story idea when I wrote it.

7. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

that is a brilliant idea actually :) i like it very much, and if my fiance hadn't just come up with an idea that follows more along the lines of the actual beauty and the beast story, i would use this. its very good and is fully something her father would have done.

but i now hvae my story idea. because i made Zuriel to be one of those male characters that you daydream over, my fiance was thinking i could convince my readers he dies. so he helped me weave a tricky way to do it :)

8. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

Awah. Thanks for the compliment. I guess my mind has a few tricks still up its sleeve, haha.

I like your idea, though, very much. 'Killing off' someone who is viewed as desirable could send those who read your book into a frenzy, giving them the urge to read more before the next time they put it down. Go for it, and let me know how it goes over! :D

9. DimeADozenKid

DimeADozenKid New Member

Crimsonrose,

Best of luck to you with this story. It sounds wonderful!

I just wrote a modern day Beauty and the Beast story, except it's not at all fantasy; just the nice-girl-meets-rude-man elements.

I know that you already resolved an ending, but I was going to ask if you had a Gaston-like character vying for Celine's love? That can always complicate things, too. But your fiance's idea sounds very dramatic and intense, which is good. ;)

Hope the story wraps up well!

-Kid

10. crimsonrose

crimsonrose New Member

I do! :) In fact, I already had a showdown with that. He forced Celine into a marriage, which is why Zuriel made her come to his castle in the first place- to prevent the marriage. And I had a scene with a showdown between the gaston-like character and Zurie. Twas dramatic. Lol. So now I'm thinking I'll have the gaston's father come and attack Zuriel to avenge his son, thus the "killing off" part. :D

I do love beauty and teh beast. Sleeping beauty is my favorite princess, but i love the story of Beauty and the beast.