1. AoA

AoA Member

Hooray for oddity!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AoA, Nov 5, 2014.

Hello everyone!
    Just joined this forum recently (yesterday at the time of this post) to ask a question about publishing. I'll probably lurk around here in my spare time when I'm not writing. I like the idea of forums, you can learn a lot if you have the right approach to them.
    So, about me I guess. I'm a 17 year old guy who is probably someone most people would call odd. I'm known for two things in school really: being really good at science, and being a "walking encyclopedia of random knowledge". I was really introduced to the world of books in second grade and I read everything I could for some years afterwards, putting me far ahead of most of the kids my age. Writing was something I got into because a teacher in sixth grade (who otherwise was terrible) forced us to write for each marking period.
    I used to write a ton of short stories in my spare time. I have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) or as they call it now, ADHD-PI (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder-Primarily Inattentive) so my attention span ranges from the level where I can't focus worth a damn to where I can focus to the point of nearly blocking out the outside world. Short stories are so much easier because they fit my inability to focus for long periods of time much better. I'm switching over to novels because honestly short stories are very limited for what I want.
    I hope to be putting stuff on here for the sake of getting feedback on things in case my grammar skills ever fail me. I'm working on one novel at the moment because otherwise it will probably never be finished knowing me. I've finished the first two chapters in like maybe 6-7 hours of actual writing. Once I get to maybe around the third chapter I'll put things up but I still am worried I'll never finish the novel because I'll get distracted from it.
    Hopefully there will be stuff from me up here soon. After all I have four days to really get cracking (teacher's convention is beautiful for me). Hopefully I'll learn some stuff from you guys and I'll have fun on this forum. Thank you if you actually read that long, rambling post of mine

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum.

3. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Welcome to the Forums.

I, too, hale from the ranks of human oddities, although I am more of a filing cabinet sort of soul rather than an encyclopedia. I also deal with ADHD. In writing it isn't a deficite. Don't let anybody tell you different. That blinding focus when you get locked into a project you like is an invaluable tool. Use it, and use it well. But enough on the rambly tangents. Click. Read. Respond. Enjoy.

There are some great folks on these boards and be sure to check out the bi-weekly contests, too.

- Darkkin, the Tedious

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum! :)

Here's our New member Quick Start Guide if you're yet to check it out. Have fun, and I hope to see you around! :)

-Kat

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome!