1. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Writing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Night Haunter, Dec 1, 2007.

What is it your writing at the moment and whats it about?

2. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

The Crypt.

A short story about a cult who brings a corpse back to life.
    It's the first story I planned about my fictional towns like Belhaven and Custer's Bridge in the Northeast of England.

Can you tell i'm a Lovecraft fan?

3. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Nothing. Although my insperation is coming back. I want to let it build again. I've neglected my writing for nearly a year now. Stupid new boyfriend! :p Naw, he's great, I just wish I can get some peace and quiet to wack on a CD and to write. Then again, this forum is addictive too!

I will let you know what it's about when I can work out how to word it!

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The short story I wrote for the Writing Contest, Neverending, has already spawned a sequel, Destiny's Daughter. But I'm beginning to look back on it, because it may be better material for a novel. I had to rush the story to make it fit to a short story for the contest. But the story as it stands feels more like a beginning of a larger story, and I'm beginning to explore that.

I also want to do more with Blink.

5. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I got a trilogy in the works. Book one is all planed out and half way finished with draft one, with some revision going on in earlier chapters. Books two and thre remain vague concepts except for book threes ending which is already writin and being revised.

PS Cogito I loved Neverending and It would make a great book.

6. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

My (failed) entry for NaNo :p

It's a sci-fi, documenting the descent of a democracy into despotism, and the reactions of three characters to that. I'm quite proud of the idea, I just need to get it written out.

7. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

1. editing/minor rewrite of a mammoth historical work on the role tinian played in WWII and the atom-bombing of japan, for a guy who's known as 'the historian of the marianas'...

2. re-/ghost-write of a memoir, for a woman whose sister, mother, and 4-year-old daughter all died within a 2-year period...

3. my own screenplay, 'fifth world'... about the end of humankind's fourth world and the founding of the final and fifth one prophesied by the Hopi which, in my script, is a return to the all-female world that once existed peacefully on earth [and elsewhere], till a mutation turned the species into a violent two-gendered one...

...plus various and sundry minor 'writing' i do for those who need help with theirs and drop in by email on a pretty much daily basis...

8. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    I am in the middle of two novellas that I really have to pick up again, seeing as I have a bit of a fan following, that has probably lost interest in them.

Novella 1: The Boy in the Attic: a horrible story (actually well written but very depressing) about a boy between 7 and 9 who is living in an attic as a zombie apocalypse is raging around him. Right now he just threw out his imaginary friend and has gone a little psycho.

Novella 2: Blind: A nearly blind woman is trying to survive the first day of a zombie apocalypse. She is currently with an eclectic mix of people who survived a hospital massacre, and driving into the unknown. Unsurprisingly its about to get worse.

A novel: A book about 4 English teachers in China, trying to make a living as they have fun, problems, and interesting experiences in a new land. Based on some things I've done, I've heard, and I've made up.

Finally a complete rewrite of my Hero story that I entered in the big writing competition.

9. lessa

lessa New Member

I am writing another Billy Dozer story.
    I have just finished an Alphabet Book.
    I am working on another Missy Bear chapter I have 3 chapters now.
    I am also working on another Albert the dragon story.
    I have some ideas for more Doby Dragon stories.
    I have finished a very short story about a girl cleaning her playroom.
    So I am definetly having fun.