1. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Amazing research list for British Historicals

Discussion in 'Research' started by jannert, Mar 18, 2016.

I was just scanning another writing website, and ran across this amazing list of research sources, mainly for people interested in writing historicals set in Britain. It covers lots of eras, and was gob-smackingly thorough. Many links to websites with information are also provided.

Apparently you can look at stuff on the writing site without becoming a member, although you can't participate in discussions, make comments, etc unless you join.

Here's the link to the page. You need to scroll down to find the list, which has been put up by somebody called "Flicka" and the date of the post is 09-27-2012. It's a real treasure trove, and is helpfully separated into sections.

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?89500-Resources-by-Era

I don't want to know the ins and out, but the original poster of this wonderful list of information was called pdr, and they were banned from that site not long afterwards. Presumably not because of the information, because Flicka was encouraged by another member called Puma to re-post the information so it could be added to and commented on ...which she did. And Flicka is still a member, and the information post is still open. So it's okay. But. Bizarre.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    tonguetied and GingerCoffee like this.
  2. tonguetied

tonguetied Contributor Contributor

Thanks jannert for this informative link. I noticed there is a lot more than British history, I am guessing from a British viewpoint, which is always good to have an opportunity to see history from more than one perspective.

jannert likes this.