1. BlackFire015

BlackFire015 New Member

How 2 Freak Out...

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by BlackFire015, Apr 27, 2009.

Say you were a medieval character living a normal life. But you starting dreaming these weird dreams about a floating silver orb in a deep, empty darkness and asilver haired lady rocking a baby to sleep and an ancient fortress. A day later you start seeing strange silver flashes out of the corner of your eye, but dismiss them as a trick of the light. And then, your hand starts throbbing one day after seeing one of those strange silver flashes. Upon looking down, you see this burn there that looks like symbols.

How do you react?

2. Dcoin

Dcoin New Member

I start a thread on this forum asking for help.

3. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

I lol'd.
    Medieval, like, this world's medieval? I don't tell ANYONE. The clergy would surely have me killed as "possesed". I'd just live with it, or try to dismiss them as me going mad. I'd probably write about it so when I died (because that's what I would think would happen to me) people knew about it.

4. Emmy

Emmy New Member

Ditto. I wouldn't tell anyone, for fear of persecution. Wear gloves, pretend like all's fine and dandy. I would try to seek out the town witch and form a trusting friendship until I could tell him/her about the dreams and show him/her my hand. Then I'd struggle over whether or not to drink the witch's seeing potion to be transported to the time/place I was dreaming of.

5. Sphi

Sphi New Member

I wouldn't tell anyone -- unless there was another person I highly trusted (think Juliet and the nurse in Romeo and Juliet), and even then I'd mention it offhandedly. I'd probably try to figure out what the symbols are, and I'd end up squinting a lot. xD

6. BlackFire015

BlackFire015 New Member

Thanks for the feedback. {I may not have asked for help, but it was sort of implied!}

7. Castlesofsand

Castlesofsand Banned

from what i've seen of your initial description, i think you could show a perfectly good reaction on your own.

i wouldn't used burn.. possibly tattooed, faintly, just a shadow and then grow darker as the story or plot thickens, but as for the reaction. from what you've shown in your exerpt writing, i'm sure you can do well enough on your own.

i'd wash first/bandage if a burn, shy away from showing it but then maybe study the runes see if there is an answer in any old scrolls, get to the root of the dreams

good writing to you, sounds interesting

CoS

8. BlackFire015

BlackFire015 New Member

Thx a tun everyone!!! This really helps

9. SilverSelkie

SilverSelkie New Member

Personally, I can't keep anything that happens to me to myself, so I would tell someone. :redface: Perhaps someone I thought would help me ... or perhaps just the first person I meet. No doubt it would backfire on me, but then maybe that would help with the action of the story - chased out of the village (or whatever) to begin my adventure? A different view maybe? :)

Edited: I found your story, and my suggestion definately doesn't fit it, but it has given me ideas ... ;)

10. Bernard Williams

Bernard Williams New Member

I'm a bit of a loaner as is. So if I lived in medieval times I'd most likely be a hermit and no one would notice. An entire story about one person! It could work...

11. BlackFire015

BlackFire015 New Member

Nice. :)